North and South KOREA

Punisher74

I'd love to have this map!

• Like 14

Thanks,
Lt. Commander Jason "Punisher" M

Hardware:
i7 10700K 5 GHz Quad Core, Water-cooled , 32GBs 2400 DDR4 RAM, MSI Intel Z470A GAMING MB, MSI RTX 3080 GPU W/10GBs GDDR6X, 512GB NVME.2 SSD, 1TB NVME.2 SSD, 2TB External SSD, 2 512Gb SSD's & 1 350 Gb HARDDRIVE, WinWing Orion 2 Stick Base and Throttle Base, Quest 2, Windows 11 (64bit)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I absolutely couldn't agree more with this thread!! The Korean peninsula is a most versatile map. It was fought over during WWII, then the Korean War and now, it is the possible location of the next big conflict. This would be a mission builder's dream come true!! 👍

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 1/1/2023 at 11:02 PM, AG-51_Razor said:

I absolutely couldn't agree more with this thread!! The Korean peninsula is a most versatile map. It was fought over during WWII, then the Korean War and now, it is the possible location of the next big conflict. This would be a mission builder's dream come true!! 👍

And the Republic of South Korea Air Force has a lot of dcs aircrafts like F-16, F-15, F-5, F-4,C-130. One could also create campaigns from the REDFOR perspective such as MiG and hind campaigns. Plus we could have imaginary campaigns for apache, KW, etc

• Like 3

13 hours ago, syzygy said:

Plus we could have imaginary campaigns for apache, KW, etc

Given that anything that starts out there in the modern era will inevitably have US duking it out with China in a very short order, I'd say all DCS modules are fair game.

I'd prefer a WWII/Korean War era version of the peninsula, though, if I had to choose. If that ever happens, we'd need a H-13 module, complete with medevac stretchers. And MASH statics to go with it. 🙂 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Or just a 300 NM x 300 NM (550km x 550km) map covering most of North Korea, as it was in about 1951.  Except for the cities, most of the terrain, today, is probably about 98% as it was in 1951.

I think of the 1955 movie, Bridges at Toko-Ri.  It features:

• straight-deck Essex-class carriers (I believe Magnitude 3 is making a WWII Essex-class carrier. That will do, nicely.),
  • an LST used to land a helicopter on (DCS has one that could be modified slightly to land helicopters.)
  • The Douglas AD-4 Skyraider.  Crosstail Studios will be making an A-1H (AD-6) for us.  That should work just fine, painted in dark sea blue.
  • The Grumman F9F-5 Panther Navy jet fighter-bomber.  Someone needs to make this.  Simple systems, no radar.  I don't think it even had the gun-ranging radar that the F-86F has.
  • The Sikorsky HO3S-1 Dragonfly helicopter (Sikorsky S-51 and Westland S-51) with rescue winch off the side, no armament.  Someone needs to make this.  It's powered by a 450hp, R-985 Wasp Junior radial engine.
  • Magnitude 3 is finishing up the F4U-1D Corsair.  Although not featured in the movie, the F4U would fit in fine (the F4U-4 was used in Korea, but maybe Magnitude 3 can provide us with one of those shortly after the F4U-1D.)  The Corsair is featured prominently in the 2022 movie, "Devotion", also based on a story in the Korean war.
  • and Cleveland-class cruiser and Gearing- and Sumner-class destroyers.

Of course, a whole lot more scenarios can be created on such a map, using our many other aircraft.

Edited by Andrew8604
spelling
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the most important thing for a DCS Korea module would be to include low detail areas of the Shandong and Liaodong peninsulas in China, the area around Vladivostok in Russia, and the Fukuoka and Yamaguchi prefectures in Japan. That would open up so many possibilities and it would allow us to stage conflicts including any combination of South Korea, North Korea, China, Japan, Russia and USA. My mouth is watering just thinking about it... 🤤

• Like 2

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 4 months later...
On 2/10/2023 at 11:07 PM, Andrew8604 said:

• The Grumman F9F-5 Panther Navy jet fighter-bomber.  Someone needs to make this.  Simple systems, no radar.  I don't think it even had the gun-ranging radar that the F-86F has.
  • The Sikorsky HO3S-1 Dragonfly helicopter (Sikorsky S-51 and Westland S-51) with rescue winch off the side, no armament.  Someone needs to make this.  It's powered by a 450hp, R-985 Wasp Junior radial engine.

VSN has the F9F-2 just out.   I think they said it's a -5 but doesn't match up.  Using the A10 pit for now and they are working on getting a Panther pit for it.

The HO3S-1 is around and the modder is working on the collision model as I understand from his post today.

Screen_231110_213610.jpg

• Like 1