DCS Newsletter discussion 9th September 2022 - A-1H Skyraider | Supercarrier progress | AI BFM

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

DCS Newsletter discussion 9th September - A-1H Skyraider | Supercarrier progress | AI BFM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to DCS Newsletter discussion 9th September 2022 - A-1H Skyraider | Supercarrier progress | AI BFM

Skyraider!  Awesome news and all but confirms a planned Vietnam map...

• Like 5

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

About A-1H Skyraider: at first glance I am really thrilled with this exceptional aircraft. Waiting for other news.

About SC: what does this phrase "we are also working on directing aircraft from parking to catapults and from the landing box to parking" really mean? Is there something more or different from what we have now? Can you give some more information please?

About AI BFM for jet aircraft: what to say ... I can't wait to try this new and dynamic aspect of aerial combat.
So, a nice newsletter. Thanks a lot.

• Like 2

I assume when it said that at a merge the one-circle fighter will minimize turning room, it actually meant minimize turn radius? It's always beneficial for a fighter to take advantage of turning room (when possible) regardless of whether it prefers angles/energy fighting in that particular match up.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

I'm acting like a freaked out BTS groupie for the Skyraider!   Been quietly hoping for this for years now! 

With the A-1H, the F-8, the F-4, A-4, and maybe one day the A-7, we'd have a nice busy deck for Vietnam! 

ED, please get us an attack carrier like Oriskany, Intrepid, Yorktown, Coral Sea to fly these vietnam warbirds into the jungle! 

Edited by Heimz
  • Like 4

....and the next module without context. 🤣 I dont get it...why it is so difficult for ED & Co to put a Map and the modules in CONTEXT to each other? The immersion thing,you know?

Or did I miss the anoucement of a vietnam or Korea map?

Edited by Semor76
  • Like 1

forum.png

16 minutes ago, Lace said:

Skyraider!  Awesome news and all but confirms a planned Vietnam map...

On 8/28/2022 at 5:09 PM, felixx75 said:

From the ED Twitter Account

302159870_10159622047696311_5564677569210832028_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Vietnam War is coming to town TM

Add one to Day-One Purchase.

I know, I know, some of us are very hard to please and Want Everything Everywhere All at Once TM

Edited by VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants
  • Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I’m going a different direction with this. This will be the first module that actually carried  torpedoes. Please give it Torpedos! Imagine it flying off the 25th of May looking for the British fleet in the Falklands (with all due respect to the late queen). Or even a WW2 1946 (first flight was in 1945). Is it a fantasy? Yea, but it would be fun. Give us torpedoes!

I'm as hot and heavy for the new toys as the next guy, but with future modules being announced one after the other after the other, what is the time frame here? At four modules released per year, let's say, are we not into 2025 if not 2026? And if it's that far off, is it worth announcing it now?

Sell me the Skyraider today, I'll buy it. Or is this a plane we might not see for a year of more at least?

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

28 minutes ago, joker62 said:

About A-1H Skyraider: at first glance I am really thrilled with this exceptional aircraft. Waiting for other news.

this is great. people have been begging for this AC and someone came through! day one for me too!

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

5 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I'm as hot and heavy for the new toys as the next guy, but with future modules being announced one after the other after the other, what is the time frame here? At four modules released per year, let's say, are we not into 2025 if not 2026? And if it's that far off, is it worth announcing it now?

Sell me the Skyraider today, I'll buy it. Or is this a plane we might not see for a year of more at least?

My guesstimate would be 12 ish months for this and the c-130. This teaser showed no battle damage and no cockpit and I saw a few things the Dev would probably want to clean up on the exterior before release. So I could see this being more than 12 months but less than 24. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, schurem said:

TBU-1 confirmed as well? (Toilet Bomb Unit)

A-1H_Skyraider_of_VA-25_with_toilet_bomb

Don't worry, just in case, there will be some modders out there, not me, will take a good look at this precious. 😉

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

41 minutes ago, joker62 said:

different from what we have now

Right now we only have handling onto the catapult.

On a carrier you would have directors directing you from your parking spot, taxing to the catapult (sometimes more than 1). In addition, after you have landed you should be directed to a parking position. This is what is new.

Below is a video of operations from taxi to catapult (Do not expect it to have this many directors)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Right now we only have handling onto the catapult.

On a carrier you would have directors directing you from your parking spot, taxing to the catapult (sometimes more than 1). In addition, after you have landed you should be directed to a parking position. This is what is new.

Thanks for the reply. If so we hope they will introduce this exciting feature as soon as possible.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

Also I wanna start/continue the rumour that the map in the trailer is in fact  NOT Marianas map, it looks like a completely new jungle based map.

Nope, that was the south of guam, marianas map

• Like 1

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

16 minutes ago, Jester986 said:

My guesstimate would be 12 ish months for this and the c-130. This teaser showed no battle damage and no cockpit and I saw a few things the Dev would probably want to clean up on the exterior before release. So I could see this being more than 12 months but less than 24. 

I'm happy to hear about new stuff, but I admit to finding it a bit annoying when it's more "Look! New toys are coming... in, you know... a couple of years... maybe."

I enjoy the previews, I enjoy the hype, I enjoy talking about and hearing about new stuff, I enjoy pre-ordering modules, I enjoy the speculation, but it might be nice if ED had an understanding with the community that something that is being announced will be available in given (reasonable?) time frame. Once we're into "maybe Q4 2024" territory, it's almost at the why-bother stage. 

By the time we see the MB-339, the Kfir, the C-130, the Eurofighter, the A-7, the Kola map, the Aussie map, the... the... the...  I mean, that could be a long, looooong wait.

• Like 7

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!