New parking and taxi area textures

DragonRR

Hey, I like it you way you did it! Nothing is perfect, repairs will always be made and there's a possibility that it may look like this when it's finished. Damit add some gras and you'll have a identical Russian AFB :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't win can I! :)

Sure you can. The new weathered textures look great and very realistic in my opinion. My favorite detail is the cracked paint. It looks amazing. I am very happy with this and I think that it will be the one I use when it's available.

Edit: Janko was spot on when he said it would look real if you added grass, but I'm not sure if that is even possible. You'd have to model something like a tiny tree and then get it to sit on the runway lol. Whatever, it looks great now. Is it up on lockonfiles.com?

Edited by Rhino4

Sure you can. The new weathered textures look great and very realistic in my opinion. My favorite detail is the cracked paint. It looks amazing. I am very happy with this and I think that it will be the one I use when it's available.

Edit: Janko was spot on when he said it would look real if you added grass, but I'm not sure if that is even possible. You'd have to model something like a tiny tree and then get it to sit on the runway lol. Whatever, it looks great now. Is it up on lockonfiles.com?

It's not quite finished yet Rhino. I have a few things left to do. Might have it available tonight. Much depends on the finishing off of the parking area and then the runway sections. They MIGHT be quick to do (they should just slot into place).. and might not ;)

Very near final now on the parking areas. I'm going to tone down the dirt patch areas a little. Unfortunately the in cockpit view, imo doesn't work as well as my previous "new" concrete but without an even higher resolution texture and/or bump mapping there's not a lot I can do about that really. Hopefully you'll notice the moss in the joints. It was brighter but again I toned it down because it looked awful in the cockpit.

ScreenShot_120.jpg

ScreenShot_121.jpg

Very near final now on the parking areas. I'm going to tone down the dirt patch areas a little. Unfortunately the in cockpit view, imo doesn't work as well as my previous "new" concrete but without an even higher resolution texture and/or bump mapping there's not a lot I can do about that really. Hopefully you'll notice the moss in the joints. It was brighter but again I toned it down because it looked awful in the cockpit.

ScreenShot_120.jpg

ScreenShot_121.jpg

i like this moore!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz-4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 333MHz-ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series -saitek Χ45-Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

"MINOAS11"

Runway took longer than expected had to start from scratch. Also need to redo the taxi area a little, improved lining, more dirt in the middle. Tried to get a balance between obvious tiling (especially on the runway) and good texturing. I think I'm just about there. Hopefully I can get this finished off and released tomorrow. :) I didn't stagger the joints as much on the runway.. I figured the guys would do a better job... after all landing a plane isn't nice on a cracked up runway!

ScreenShot_126.jpg

ScreenShot_127.jpg

ScreenShot_128.jpg

ScreenShot_129.jpg

ScreenShot_130.jpg

Dragon, It looks terrific! Seriously, just like the real deal.

Sorry if I'm beging a bit of a pain in the ass about this gras thing, but have you tried to add it, maybe just as a part of the texture between the cracks?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dragon, It looks terrific! Seriously, just like the real deal.

Sorry if I'm beging a bit of a pain in the ass about this gras thing, but have you tried to add it, maybe just as a part of the texture between the cracks?

Thanks for the encouragement JaNk0. :)

Regarding grass. Well you have to understand that with 2 pixels to play with (in width) there isn't a lot you can realistically do (at least with my lmited abilities anyway) If you look carefully at the screenshots you will see a fairly faint hint of green (most noticeable in the cockpit shot). You should see this better in game assuming you run at higher resolution than the screenshots. Close up it looks a bit like moss.. Well that's the idea anyway. If I went more than 2px the joints would be too wide. Even then grass is very much a 3D thing.. I can fake a 3D look here and there with bevelling on the slabs, white lines and so on.. but the best I can really do is moss I afraid.

• Like 1

Outstanding work!

What does bug me though, without it being your fault in any way, is how these high res textures stick out of the bland, low res environment.

Please try your hand upgrading the whole ground set to the same standard, for you are very talented!

Wow!!

That looks so f***** awesome!!!!!

I'm using the first release and kinda like it but this one is a total overhauling!!!

Great effort you made trying to paint grass. I mean it :thumbup:

When will it be ready?

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

So very nearly done :) Lots of changes. Hope to release tonight.

wow, nice work. . . dragon, what do u think about adding a little bit more abrasion from the wheels in the landing zone. . .

when will it be able to download? will it also work for lock on?

I'm looking at abrasion on the landing area now although I'm having trouble because the texture is squashed vertically 56% for some reason.

I don't know whether they will work with Lock on.

ScreenShot_135.jpg

ScreenShot_136.jpg

ScreenShot_137.jpg

ScreenShot_138.jpg

Edited by DragonRR

I am curious why East so much like only concrete airfields :D

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Cover.jpg

Available here: (limited time)

Sorry guys. Spotted some issues with v1.0.

Changes:

V1.2

Massively reduced the RAM texture overhead (probably) and file size

More info here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=614473&postcount=60

V1.1

Improved connection seam between runway start (WPP-KRAY) and main runway (WPP)

Changed border of runway to gravel (with a little moss) to allow for other seasons (forgot seasons! DOH!).

Added gravel border to start of runway.

A few other minor changes to WPP_KRAY and WPP textures.

Note: Cover picture doesn't reflect changes.

New link:

http://www.xeos.co.uk/Runway_OLD_Concrete_V1.2.rar

MODMAN COMPLIANT VERSION: (Thanks to Skypat for his help)

http://www.xeos.co.uk/Runway_OLD_Concrete_V1.2_MODMAN.rar

Please note that the Modman version might have a slightly higher memory overhead.

ScreenShot_147.jpg

Edited by DragonRR
  • Like 1

Can't wait to see!! downloading...

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

Sorry guys. Spotted some issues with v1.0.

Changes:

V1.1

Improved connection seam between runway start (WPP-KRAY) and main runway (WPP)

Changed border of runway to gravel (with a little moss) to allow for other seasons (forgot seasons! DOH!).

Added gravel border to start of runway.

A few other minor changes to WPP_KRAY and WPP textures.

Note: Cover picture doesn't reflect changes.

New link:

http://www.xeos.co.uk/Runway_OLD_Concrete_V1.1.rar

ScreenShot_147.jpg