New parking and taxi area textures

DragonRR

I think it's worse...BA BOOM!

No it's comming on well, the colours don't match up overly atm. I don't know if it's your plan to colour match them but I think it's what makes the joins most noticble.

I am talking about the runway/parking taxi colours btw.

Colours are not meant to match (although they aren't meant to be a million miles out either). I felt that different concrete would be used for the smaller paving.

Anyway.

This is more or less final.. Now with added landing zone!

ScreenShot_195.jpg

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dragon. it looks great. the colours are good. there are different concrete fom airbase to airbase and within airbases.

your work is the best i´ve ever seen regarding this topic. with the added landing zone it is very close to photo realistic at this distance. . . release it please with landing zone added.

regards

what will be your next project?? ;-)

Another runway.. ED sometimes use the Run off roads around the parking area. Looks OK (imo) with the new texture despite the fact that it should be (or was) dirt. Oh.. fixed the damned runway start.. It's was wrong in 1.4, no bevel on the concrete! Surprised no-one spotted it, (including me!).

I'm going to start packaging the mod as one release (V2) tonight. It will take awhile so it might be tomorrow before I can complete.

ScreenShot_197.jpg

i like it, very very much. . . :-) by the way - it works with lofc as well. . . what i miss in the game are the blast deflector walls. . . maybe one day we will have some. . .

one suggestion/addition: maybe you can soften the hard edge from the taxiways to terrain a little bit. . . maybe with gras, sand, some brash or broken stone - like the runway´s edge. know what i mean?

Edited by flanker1

one suggestion/addition: maybe you can soften the hard edge from the taxiways to terrain a little bit. . . maybe with gras, sand, some brash or broken stone - like the runway´s edge. know what i mean?

I'll have a look at this but "off the top" I don't *think* I can because I'm pretty sure the taxiways butt up against other things such as the parking area.. so you would probably get a line of gravel (or whatever) between them. It's a good idea tho.. so I will double check :)

RELEASE! V2 BETA. NOT MODMAN compliant. Hope to have the final all Modmanned up.

This release will only be shown here, not on the front page of the thread.

New for V2:

Run off areas now highres and concrete tiles

Hard standings now highres and concrete tiles

New landing zone textures

Fixes from v1.4

Start of runway - bevel fixed.

Installation - plz see the readme.txt

http://www.xeos.co.uk/Dragon%27s_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0_BETA.rar

Let me know what you think plz.

EDIT:

Ooops!

Thanks to all for their comments on how I can improve the textures (this involved some backtracking!)

I used this airbase sat photo with ummmmmmm some artistic license :sorcerer:as a basis for the mod. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&ll=52.916252,103.571033&spn=0.06697,0.161018&t=k

Edited by DragonRR

RELEASE! V2 BETA. NOT MODMAN compliant. Hope to have the final all Modmanned up.

This release will only be shown here, not on the front page of the thread.

New for V2:

Run off areas now highres and concrete tiles

Hard standings now highres and concrete tiles

New landing zone textures

Fixes from v1.4

Start of runway - bevel fixed.

Installation - plz see the readme.txt

http://www.xeos.co.uk/Dragon%27s_Ancient_Airbase_Texture_Set_V2.0_BETA.rar

Let me know what you think plz.

EDIT:

Ooops!

Thanks to all for their comments on how I can improve the textures (this involved some backtracking!)

I used this airbase sat photo with ummmmmmm some artistic license :sorcerer:as a basis for the mod. http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=k&om=1&ll=52.916252,103.571033&spn=0.06697,0.161018&t=k

Really gorgeous, I am now waiting for your modman package !

Working on the Modman package currently.

FINALLY figured out how to add the extra lines into the correct place in the graphics.cfg file using Modman and have checked Modman installs and uninstalls correctly.

Now starting on the cover piccie and the readme.

The Modman package will use a bit more video memory than the non-modman version. This is because I can't package the renamed DDS files into a CDDS package. The CDDS packer knows I'm cheating! :mad:

dragon, amazing work. . . thank u for that!!!

one problem with lofc - do u have a suggestion to solve this issue?

many thanks

Well it looks like either DCS-BS has one less runway piece the Lockon OR that a file is named differently.

All I can suggest is browse the cdds files looking for WPP.. something and see if one of them is named differently in some way or has a different filetype?

Dragon

WPP_DARK.BMP is missing - a file of lofc. . . - isn´t it a file of DCS, too? because there is an

WPP_DARK.TGA in your files?! Why no BMP?

anybody who has the same problem?

AHHHH

OK.. Well WPP_DARK.TGA overlays the runway. I use it to put the runway landing zone texture and skid marks on.

Try copying the file WPP.BMP and renaming the copy to WPP_DARK.BMP and see what happens.. It *might* work.

i had this idea. . . :-)

it stretches the texture and the tga is missing. . . :-(

see at the pics - i marked the issues.

maybe this sit the reason the lofc runway is a bit longer than the dcs one??? the stretched piece ogf the runway?

look at the wrong location of the runway numbers too. . .

:-( :-( :-(

1.thumb.JPG.1c5dab1382dfc36eee9280736327e2a1.JPG

It's hard to say why they've done this.. basically the file WPP_DARK.TGA is the DCS version of the file. The texture is stretched in a very similar way but is only used for an overlay. What you need to do (although it probably won't look very good) is load WPP.BMP into photoshop or similar, transform it vertically to the same size as the WPP_DARK.BMP and save it as WPP_DARK.BMP.

Without having a good look myself I can't say for certain what's happenning.. I think in DCS they realised it was screwed and replaced the texture with a correctly sized texture.

EDIT:

This is the type of issue I've had here and there. I suspect that the "10" normally sits there but my WPP-KRAY.bmp lining is just too long for Lockon.

• 7 months later...