Green light and sound above the Fuel quantity selector

KenaiPhoenix
Go to solution Solved by razo+r,

Hi! I have a couple of hours with the Viper but im still trying to fully learn how fly it, so sorry if this is a too noob question. 

The thing is, a couple of week ago I started to make my own start up of the viper and then doing some missions. Then I noted a green light above the Fuel Quantity Selector start to light up and there is a sound with it (I have google it and it is called Marker Beacon, I think). It starts when im taking off and sometimes when im landing, but I don't remember hearing it when I start already on the air. the first time I heard it was expecting a hard crash of something not working, but nothing happened.

My question is: Am I doing something wrong with the start up or with the take off sequence? Should I be worried?

Thanks!

• Solution
2 minutes ago, KenaiPhoenix said:

Hi! I have a couple of hours with the Viper but im still trying to fully learn how fly it, so sorry if this is a too noob question. 

The thing is, a couple of week ago I started to make my own start up of the viper and then doing some missions. Then I noted a green light above the Fuel Quantity Selector start to light up and there is a sound with it (I have google it and it is called Marker Beacon, I think). It starts when im taking off and sometimes when im landing, but I don't remember hearing it when I start already on the air. the first time I heard it was expecting a hard crash of something not working, but nothing happened.

My question is: Am I doing something wrong with the start up or with the take off sequence? Should I be worried?

Thanks!

Marker beacons are part of landing systems like ILS. So when you overfly such a beacon, you will hear the frequency of the beacon and then you'll also know where you respective to the approach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marker_beacon

In short: Nothing to be worried about or focus on until you start doing ILS/IFR stuff.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Marker beacons are part of landing systems like ILS. So when you overfly such a beacon, you will hear the frequency of the beacon and then you'll also know where you respective to the approach.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marker_beacon

In short: Nothing to be worried about or focus on until you start doing ILS/IFR stuff.

Thanks! I was worried I was doing something bad that could ruin a long mission one day