What is the aircraft you would like to fly on DCS World?

6S.Duke

What is the aircraft you would like to fly on DCS World?  

585 members have voted

1. 1. What is the aircraft you would like to fly on DCS World?

• F-105
    • AMX
    • SF-260
    • F-84F or G
    • MC-205
    • G-55
    • Stuka
    • MB-326 Impala
    • M-346FA
    • AW-129 Mangusta
    • F-9F Panther
    • F-104
    • F-102
    • T-33
    • F-80
    • AT-6
    • C-27J

There is not such option above, so I would say, not on the list above. Thank you.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

2022/11/8 AM2点03分,Mig Fulcrum说:

AMX replaced the G.91, they are both little cheap light attacker withsome frighter capabilities but one made in the late '50s and one in the early '90s.

Honsetly while the G.91 is one of my favourite aircrafts is not competitive in any DCS scenario, limited with only 2 or 4 dumb bombs (and not very big ones) and no guidance of any kind is make this very light attack aircraft meybe more of a light fighter but still less powerful than a Sabre.

On the other hand the AMX can be a real little monster, 4 pylons with the ability to carry two bombs per pylon, LGB included, ventral TGP and a couple of AIM-9L or IRIS-T, M61 vulcan or two 30mm DEFA with radar lock guidance. It's not an A-10 but it can be treat as a Harrier.

The G.91 still has guided weapons, although not much. Such as AS-20 and AIM-9B, And manually guided air-to-air missile,AA-20.

Manually guided AA-20 can kill unaware pilot upon head-on.

G91 and AMX , I prefer AMX. G91 and F86F, I prefer G91.

Edited by Nyaruko

7 ore fa, Nyaruko ha scritto:

The G.91 still has guided weapons, although not much. Such as AS-20 and AIM-9B, And manually guided air-to-air missile,AA-20.

Manually guided AA-20 can kill unaware pilot upon head-on.

G91 and AMX , I prefer AMX. G91 and F86F, I prefer G91.

AIM-9 were only tested by portuguese air force but never managed to make them work, AS-20 are pretty much the same, in theory it has that capability but nobody ever used them AFAIK.

So the G.91 will stick pretty much to unguided rockets and bombs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a boatload of data including NASA Wind Tunnel test reports. I am also buying the Aircrew Nonnuclear Weapons Delivery Manual and it's Supplement in about a week. DM id the 105 wins and let me know where to send the documents.

This my current cache: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/306566-attn-all-devs-f-105d-thud-thunderchief-with-engineering-data-dump-many-files/

from the last page of my thread:

Okay people in about a week I will be buying the:

• F-105B, F-105D, F-105F, F-105G AIRCREW NONNUCLEAR WEAPON DELIVERY MANUAL : USAF Series [Fairchild] F-105B, F-105D, F-105F and F-105G Aircraft Aircrew Nonnuclear TO 1F-105B-34-1-1

• F-105B, F-105D, F-105F, F-105G AIRCREW NONNUCLEAR WEAPON DELIVERY MANUAL : Operational Supplements - Aircrew Nonnuclear Weapon Delivery      Manual - USAF Series TO 1F-105B-34-1-1S-3 to -5

I need a licensed third party ED DCS trusted developer interested in making this bird a reality (i.e. RAZBAM, Heatblur ect.). I'll be purchasing the Suppliment as well.

*please no start up developers at this time*

I apologize for the long delay but I have been very busy with work.

The F-105 tops my list followed by the F-84F and G and F9F. My question with the Thud is there any chance that someone would care to do a FOIA request on the F or G? Worst thing that happens is you get turned down. 

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2023 at 7:12 PM, SOLIDKREATE said:

Someone in here mentioned a bomber? 

Looks like there is the Nonnuclear Weapons Manual for the B-57B Canberra which was in Vietnam.

Hmm,  an interesting choice for Cold War bombers!! Used  by two major  airforces for very long time, and used a lot during the Vietnam war:

English Electric Canberra  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Electric_Canberra

Martin B-57 Canberra  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_B-57_Canberra

• Like 2

Tornado IDS, so I’m waiting patiently for it to arrive…sometime…

• Like 3

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I'd love an F-84!

On 9/7/2023 at 9:24 AM, gulredrel said:

and many countries.

Bit of an understatement there - in the early/mid 60s it was actually the most common fighter in NATO, even more common than the F-86 (and the F-104/F-5 hadn't arrived in large numbers yet).

• Like 2