DCS Newsletter discussion 16th September 2022 - DCS: Tornado | multicrew progress | Growling Sidewinder

BIGNEWY

Fantastic news. I couldn't be happier with the 1989 IDS. For me this is what the Tornado stands for.

33 minutes ago, WinterH said:

MW-1 was later I take it? So I'm guessing iron bombs, Kormoran, maybe also a couple of HARMs right? Or was HARM an ECR only thing, I seem to recall German IDS' could carry a couple but I may be wrong. Anysi, sounds good to me :))

As far as I know, Marineflieger IDS used HARM as anti-ship missile. According to the SIPRI arms transfer database, Germany received a batch of 944 AGM-88 between 1987 and 1992. So I guess HARM is on the table.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, AvroLanc said:

Kinda disappointed that Heatblur didn't get it.

Heatblur has its plate full for the next 7-8 years. First to finish Tomcat, then F-4E Phantom, then F-4 Naval Phantom, then particulary complicated Eurofighter, then A-6 Intruder, then include every module takes significantly more time than originally expected. It would mean having Tornado after some 10 years.

Edited by bies
  • Like 5

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Angelthunder:

Is this the last of the surprise friday maps and modules list or is there still more coming.

If I did count right there‘s one left to be announced…..……

…..hopefully a helo?😉

Edited by corbu1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

14 minutes ago, Dannyvandelft said:

With so many new modules and maps coming, would it be possible in which order modules are expected to release? It's a bit hard to keep track of everything. Don't necessarily need dates, just an expected timeline.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember the last 9 projects has new 3rd parties with your first projects into DCS. Actually has none about a "timeline".

Love the Tornado great announcement.

Great to hear about the Apache and Hind MP front seat being tested that's very welcome news and my Discord Apache pilots will love that although we have really moved into human front seat/back seat flying this last month due to George issues.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MBot said:

Fantastic news. I couldn't be happier with the 1989 IDS. For me this is what the Tornado stands for.

Exactly, Cold War era Fulda Gap 1980s variant = penetrating enemy airspace at low altitude at night or bad weather, with terrain following radar still operable and mechanical map with INS, avoiding Soviet interceptors, evading SAMs and aiming iron bombs to the target inside AAA fire or trying to allign for very low altitude non-pop up attack with BL755 cluster munition dispensers over Soviet armor protected by Shilkas, then trying to lose the pursuers inside some dark valleys cooperating with navigator on a way back. Very much what you see in a Gulf War Tornado pilots memories and mission descriptions.

Not 2000s era last Tornadoes with disabled radars, releasing very long range automatically guided cruise missile from 100-300nm from the target with zero risk, cruising at 30,000tf and RTB.

Edited by bies
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, bies said:

Heatblur has its plate full for the next 7-8 years. First to finish Tomcat, then F-4E Phantom, then F-4 Naval Phantom, then particulary complicated Eurofighter, then A-6 Intruder, then include every module takes significantly more time than originally expected. It would mean having Tornado after some 10 years.

Heatblur, by now, has none confirmed a Naval Phantom, and the Eurofighter, remember has colaborated building with TrueGrit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Angelthunder said:

Is this the last of the surprise friday maps and modules list or is there still more coming.

iirc there are 2 more coming

• Like 2

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, bies said:

I don't believe HB makes a tornado already having one made by AviaStorm.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

7 minutes ago, ThorBrasil said:

I don't believe HB makes a tornado already having one made by AviaStorm.

Over the last two years there's been a lot of speculation about and people poking HB to make a Tornado, since the Tomcat and Viggen have been so well received, and they know swing wings. But as the other posters point out, their future is very much booked already!!

1 hour ago, Sharkku said:

Sooo... what about Huey multicrew seat switching?

Probably they intend to do so, but it'll come later, after the Hind and Longbow have it working smoothly!

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Heatblur, by now, has none confirmed a Naval Phantom, and the Eurofighter, remember has colaborated building with TrueGrit.

Hmm, I believe someone from HB did confirm they will do a Navy Phantom, though they haven't said exactly which variant, nor have they given a super solid timeline. But yea, some time after the first big announcement they did say they'll do a Navy Phant  for sure!!

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 2

yes, missing two new more 3rd parties. And waiting if other old making a anouncement (Deka and Octopus-G has no talking about new modules yet).
What did I miss?
We've got 3 maps and 5 aircraft.
Wags wrote 4 more and we got that.
Obviously all other speciations is yet to be approved.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

What did I miss?
We've got 3 maps and 5 aircraft.
Wags wrote 4 more and we got that.
Obviously all other speciations is yet to be approved.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

That was Sep 3rd in the hercules announcement thread. Since then we got the Skyraider and now the Tornado, so 2 left

image.png

Edited by Nick_17
  • Like 3

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, bies said:

Exactly, Cold War era Fulda Gap 1980s variant = penetrating enemy airspace at low altitude at night or bad weather, with terrain following radar still operable and mechanical map with INS, avoiding Soviet interceptors, evading SAMs and aiming iron bombs to the target inside AAA fire or trying to allign for very low altitude non-pop up attack with BL755 cluster munition dispensers over Soviet armor protected by Shilkas, then trying to lose the pursuers inside some dark valleys cooperating with navigator on a way back.

Not 2000s era last Tornadoes with disabled radars, releasing very long range automatically guided cruise missile from 50nm from the target with zero risk, cruising at 30,000tf and RTB.

So what you're saying is, it's going to make a man out of us?

Edited by USSInchon