DCS Newsletter discussion 16th September 2022 - DCS: Tornado | multicrew progress | Growling Sidewinder

BIGNEWY

The Tornado is an aircraft dear to me having worked on them for 10 years so an obvious day one purchase for me.

Hope other variants are offered in time as I would love to have a go with a JP233 which I think only UK and Saudi Tornados used. I imagine its one of the most frightening weapons to use in real life so should provide an exciting in game experience. Not sure when they left service it was before my time due to the land mine treaty.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick_17 said:

That was Sep 3rd in the hercules announcement thread. Since then we got the Skyraider and now the Tornado, so 2 left

image.png

That move to 10 new 3rd parties. Has interesting options, 2 maps, 2 aircrafts / helos, 1 map and a 1 aircraft / helo or... aditional modules? (I start to think some disapear "addons" projects can return) or some "companies" can appears on DCS similar as ORBX. The DCS total 3rd parties has been 21 + (Truegrit) + 16 Campaing creator 3rd Party (Total 38? 3rd Party teams). I dont count the "defunt" 3rd parties.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

2 hours ago, USSInchon said:

So what you're saying is, it's going to make a man out of us?

has no point. its like... even with more modern aircraft. Nothing stopping people from flying with Iron bombs doing radar bombing or CCIP/CCRP drops in a Hornet or Viper if they really want to. somehow the only way an aircraft can fit in the cold war. if it exactly has the exact features it flew in X year.

Im sure some sop would complain the the AJS 37 viggen is not cold war enough because its the AJS not AJ, and complain over it having glide bombs and RBS15 anti ship missile( post cold war), and a updated central computer ( even though its not something visible) even though said person can just not use them. 

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

10 hours ago, USSInchon said:

So what you're saying is, it's going to make a man out of us?

Simply doing things, seeing the enemy, seeing our bombs explosions all around, dodging AAA, just feel the adrenaline rush, actually risking of being shoot down to be able to hit the target, being forced to fly inside enemy territory, maneuvering at very low altitude with aid of TFR which was still operable during Cold War and Gulf War era, counting on speed and low altitude maneuvering to avoid interceptors of the era which had limited capabilities without very advanced radars or long range missiles.

GR4 would be takeoff, release Storm Shadows 300nm from the target at high altitude without any risk, land. And even if you would get intercepted somehow 300nm from the target 1 in 10 missions you would just receive missile warning when advanced doppler radar guide AMRAAM/ski and you are dead.

I just have a feeling variant they are doing is going to rock.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another gem out of the recent flurry of announcements for upcoming modules. A bit sad that it'll probably be a long while until any of them arrives, but still nice.

Word of warning, ED: Do not play with out feelings like that. You better know what you're doing with these announcements!

• ED Team
47 minutes ago, Kang said:

Another gem out of the recent flurry of announcements for upcoming modules. A bit sad that it'll probably be a long while until any of them arrives, but still nice.

Word of warning, ED: Do not play with out feelings like that. You better know what you're doing with these announcements!

As we have already stated the reason for the recent news is here. 

In the past we generally waited until a 3rd party module was quite far along in development; however, this has resulted in duplicated efforts and inefficiencies. Instead, once a 3rd party module has a completed license agreement, we will now announce it to allow the 3rd party to “plant a flag” and avoid duplicated efforts. Once a 3rd party project is roughly six months away from release based on an internal evaluation, more news and updates will be made available.

Because we have several 3rd party projects in development, and the change in announcement policy, we have had a flurry of announcement activity.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, Kang said:

ED only has maked a anouncement about a official 3rd party with a new module has enter into DCS World, that is not a "marketing campaign to make hype" with empty promises. The 3rd party, as official company, has the responsability of reach your product to a release and put your resources, personal and work to reach them, not ED.

Edited by Silver_Dragon
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

ED only has maked a anouncement about a official 3rd party with a new module has enter into DCS World, that is not a "marketing campaign to make hype" with empty promises.

I wouldn't say "empty promises". But it is absolutely a marketing campaign to make hype, and that's fine. Market and hype me an F-111 and take my money. I'll still respect you in the morning. In any case, this was all discussed at length, here and elsewhere, after that last announcement.

Maybe a simple 😀 "less than three-years" or 😟 "more than three-years"  beside each announcement. 

🥳🌈🍺  "six-months or less".

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Beirut said:

I wouldn't say "empty promises". But it is absolutely a marketing campaign to make hype, and that's fine. Market and hype me an F-111 and take my money. I'll still respect you in the morning. In any case, this was all discussed at length, here and elsewhere, after that last announcement.

Maybe a simple 😀 "less than three-years" or 😟 "more than three-years"  beside each announcement. 

🥳🌈🍺  "six-months or less".

We are announcing when we sign a third party agreement, its exciting news for sure. Each third party will give their own progress updates in-between the announcement and release. Close to release is when we ( Eagle Dynamics ) will share more news about a project, so I dont think it is overhype. I can guarantee people will want constant news whatever happens and we will get people saying we are not sharing enough. 

• Like 6

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Exactly. This is very definitely not a marketing move. The only reason to do something like that is to let prospective designers know what's in the works, just to avoid duplication of effort. In fact, marketing-wise, it could be backfire if any of those projects end up failing. They will also take a long time, so there'll certainly be whining about lack of news beyond the initial announcement. I'm glad to know those things are in the works, but it'll likely be a long wait.

EDIT: Ninjaed.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 3

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Actually, this is very definitely not a marketing move. As stated, it's a move designed to let prospective designers know what's in the works, just to avoid duplication of effort. In fact, marketing-wise, it could be backfire if any of those projects end up failing. They will also take a long time, so there'll certainly be whining about lack of news beyond the initial announcement. I'm glad to know those things are in the works, but it'll likely be a long wait.

correct, the change was to give potential new third parties heads up on projects that have already been taken, it saves them time and money if they know what is already being produced. 

• Like 5

vor 44 Minuten schrieb BIGNEWY:

As we have already stated the reason for the recent news is here. 

In the past we generally waited until a 3rd party module was quite far along in development; however, this has resulted in duplicated efforts and inefficiencies. Instead, once a 3rd party module has a completed license agreement, we will now announce it to allow the 3rd party to “plant a flag” and avoid duplicated efforts. Once a 3rd party project is roughly six months away from release based on an internal evaluation, more news and updates will be made available.

Because we have several 3rd party projects in development, and the change in announcement policy, we have had a flurry of announcement activity.

Wouldn´t it have been just easier to simply tell the one, who is stepping forward to ED with the intention to create a specific module for DCS, that in case there´s already another one existing, who wants to create the same specific module? There are surely talkings before the license agreement ...

Anyways, I like the new announcements policy at it makes some transparency to the public of what´s going on behind the doors. Also like very much, that ED is offering an opportunity for everyone, modders and talented individuals to get in touch with ED and start a studio to get into business, become professional.

The other side of the medal might be, that the ones who are pissing their pants now of excitement for an announcement, will claim any project dead after half a year of no progress or expected release dates... won´t be fun if that attitute will go around.

Still think, that ED should start working with announcements with reliable schedules, like roadmaps for each with dates for ED projects and 3rd parties modules, to get more professional and out of the image of a playground for developers.

Well, I´m sure ED will find the right balance once - no easy task for a very special and huge project like DCS World.

What could be said, beside the critics, is, that you always exceed the expectations in quality and innovation, once a module is released!    

• Like 1

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, Rosebud47 said:

Wouldn´t it have been just easier to simply tell the one, who is stepping forward to ED with the intention to create a specific module for DCS, that in case there´s already another one existing, who wants to create the same specific module? There are surely talkings before the license agreement

This is how we were doing it, a third party would approach us with a project, but as mentioned some teams already had made progress on projects, and it was leading to duplicates. Having the third party's announced in public as soon as we sign an agreement is the best way going forward. 

Thanks

• Like 3

@BIGNEWY Yeah, that´s true as could be seen with the SU-17/22. But let´s see how the crowd reacts, when there are no news after a long time. 
So far I got and will have tons of fun with the Viper and the Hind meanwhile. 😉

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

• ED Team
1 minute ago, Rosebud47 said:

@BIGNEWY Yeah, that´s true as could be seen with the SU-17/22. But let´s see how the crowd reacts, when there are no news after a long time. 
So far I got and will have tons of fun with the Viper and the Hind meanwhile. 😉

Yes lots of fun to be had in the meantime. Enjoy

• Like 3

14 hours ago, slowmover said:

I hope we got a helicopter at least 🤞

I would love the Airbus H125.

40513100165_5f519b7e57_o.jpg?fit=1400,93

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

45 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Matt W did say ED are working on a “secret helicopter” in his ACS podcast interview a few months ago.

If the 3rd party projects are being revealed then will the ED projects be also?

Secret helicopter!?

There can be only  one.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

I wish for a Black Hawk

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

If we want a real "new helicopter" in DCS it should be a CH-46 or CH 47 (Seaknight/Chinook)...
Tandem rotor helicopter capable to transport Hummer, towed artillery, Air Defense guns,...

I am convinced that this kind of thing could happen quite easily in DCS and thus also bring graphical new features and capacity (vehicule or weapon systems moved via sling transport as it is currently only available for cargo). I'm not even talking about new 3D models like towed artillery or additionnal cargo charges.

DVIDS - Images - Radar Sling Load [Image 3 of 7]

• Like 3