DCS Newsletter discussion 16th September 2022 - DCS: Tornado | multicrew progress | Growling Sidewinder

BIGNEWY

5 hours ago, Razorback said:

If we want a real "new helicopter" in DCS it should be a CH-46 or CH 47 (Seaknight/Chinook)...
Tandem rotor helicopter capable to transport Hummer, towed artillery, Air Defense guns,...

I am convinced that this kind of thing could happen quite easily in DCS and thus also bring graphical new features and capacity (vehicule or weapon systems moved via sling transport as it is currently only available for cargo). I'm not even talking about new 3D models like towed artillery or additionnal cargo charges.

DVIDS - Images - Radar Sling Load [Image 3 of 7]

The Chinook is the best Utility helicopter we can have at DCS. IBut i do not think we see it soon...

8 hours ago, Mogster said:

Matt W did say ED are working on a “secret helicopter” in his ACS podcast interview a few months ago.

If the 3rd party projects are being revealed then will the ED projects be also?

I think Razbam teased us that they are preparing 3 helicopters one of which is American Heavy Lifting. But we have still no news.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

UH60 Blackhawk would be a perfect buddy to the Apache in the air assault role.

CH47D would bring really cool lifting capabilities for fast moving equipment on the battlefield!!

I‘d love both in DCS…but this will not happen….so I‘d be more than happy getting one of the two !!?😉

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

Well, be careful with Razbam announcements!  They make nice products, and are very dedicated to the hobby... but they've announced a CRAZY number of modules, that it causes many of us to think "oh ya, we'll believe it when we see it". Not because of abiliity, but because of how long it takes to develop ONE module.  And seemingly modest manpower to accomplish it. Right now it almost seems like they are staking claim to modules for the next 20 years!!

At least it seems that way on the surface, but who knows, they could surprise us!

Three helos

MBB Bo-105, in partnership with Militec 5 (not sure how much this involves Raz though)

South Atlantic map

English Electric Lightening

Pucara

Strike Beagle

AI Mirage 3, possibly  followed by FF Mirage 3

Sea Harrier

Mig 23

Super Tucano

And a bunch of others were announced over the last several years.

Not necessarily  in that order... and not a complete list for what they've said they'd make. But I think they also said they'd slow dev of new stuff until sorting out issues with already released modules (maybe that's done now?)

Not trying to discourage anyone, and I wish  the Razbam best of luck!   I'm just saying that an announcement no longer means it's "inbound in 6 months", it might simply mean "hey, we'd like to make X, here's a few screens to show u that we've started on the model !!"

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 9/16/2022 at 4:58 PM, bies said:

Yes, Yes! YES! Tornado incoming! I'm excited for all recent announcements, but this one simply rocks.

And it's the best variant possible being IDS from 1980s proper for Cold War scenarios Fulda Gap and Desert Storm and from the time when it was on the top of the foodchain in his domain! And the enviroment it was design to operate still existed. With mechanical moving map and half-analog avionics requiring skill and engaging to operate.

I wish AviaStorm a fantstic premiere in DCS!

tornado.jpg.013d9e7fea22965d031263a73785f786.jpg

Here's the real one doing the Mach Loop (pic taken 10 years ago)

EoQu8Wk.jpg

Edited by Xup
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, corbu1 said:

UH60 Blackhawk would be a perfect buddy to the Apache in the air assault role.

CH47D would bring really cool lifting capabilities for fast moving equipment on the battlefield!!

I‘d love both in DCS…but this will not happen….so I‘d be more than happy getting one of the two !!?😉

I disagree... I'm 100% convinced we'll get BOTH in DCS, probably in the next 4 years!!

The ones I didn't expect were the Apache Longbow, due to it's systems complexity and possible sekritz. The Hind, I thought they'd make one but didn't think they'd make it so soon! The C-130 was unexpected 3 years ago, but since then the mod created major buzz and people saw why it was needed! The Phantom wasn't expected because twin seats, millions of sub-variants, older platform, and other issues, yet it's in strong development.  And as Xup points out, now the Tornado, and of course all the map announcements, the A-1 Skyraider too!

• Like 1

The Phantom was actually talked about since BelSimTek showed some WIPs. It certainly wasn't a big surprise, in fact, it's kind of overdue, given how long ago the BST pics appeared. HB was even indicated as the most desirable 3rd party to make the Phantom, given how good they are with two-seaters.

• ED Team
12 hours ago, Mogster said:

Matt W did say ED are working on a “secret helicopter” in his ACS podcast interview a few months ago.

If the 3rd party projects are being revealed then will the ED projects be also?

I believe all the reveals teased are 3rd Party only. But we have a year end video coming up in a few months.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Absolutely looking forward to the Tohneighdo! I'm quite glad about the version they chose, but I hope they'll make at least an early 90's British GR.1 with TIALD as well afterwards. GR.4 with Brimstone would be cool as well, but I guess it's too classified still and it probably would be similar with the German ASSTA upgrades, at least the latest ones. Totally wouldn't mind getting an ECR later on though, or even the F.3 ADV (not the greatest fighter, but certainly not a bad interceptor either). But let's take the one they're making first fsgrin.png

But I'd really like to know more about the devs, especially their "decades of experience" in the business. I could find exactly nothing so far...

On 9/16/2022 at 5:58 PM, NineLine said:

https://discord.gg/n9FHNqdBAQ

Visit their Discord. 

... and that didn't bring anything forth either. Absolutely zero information on what they did before. Shall I wait for that "Hey guys, we're those solid blokes that made DI's Tornado back in the 90s..." mic drop? awesome.png

I mean, most of us have been wanting that thing from Heatblur, especially with their expertise and the Tomcat and Viggen in their portfolio already... I wouldn't be surprised if the community wants to get it at around their level of detail anyway now dealwithit.png

On 9/16/2022 at 6:31 PM, Avimimus said:

My dream EF-2000 expansion was the Panavia Tornado and the Mig 1.42... so yeah, decades... I did later track down a copy of Digital Integration sim from 1993 on floppy disk but I couldn't get it to run reliably!

I got it very late (like late 2000s) myself as well, Installation isn't really a problem (-> DOSBox!), but I can't make it accept all input axes, basically stuck with just pitch and yaw, unable to map throttle and rudder. If I just could get that done, I'd probably actually still dump time in it... just did that a bit with keyboard only rainbowdashwink.png

On 9/16/2022 at 6:50 PM, MAXsenna said:

How long do you wanna wait? emoji848.png
F-4, Eurofighter, A-6....

That's absolutely a fair point to this day. They've got their plate packed a lot already. Maybe they could secure the F-111F for themselves though rdlaugh.png

Let's just hope that AviaStorm can provide a similar level of quality as that's what we all want to get salute.png

On 9/16/2022 at 6:53 PM, schmiefel said:

Well, ... , But maybe MW-1 (in 1989 it wasn't forbidden if I remember right, but I am not sure if it was fully introduced by then)

I'm pretty sure it's not completely banned as opposed to the JP233. I'm rather sure the KB44 and STABOs are still in service even now, might even be the case with MUSA. MIFF and MUSPA however have been classified as mines and therefor been decomissioned.

On 9/16/2022 at 7:54 PM, DishDoggie said:

Lol I know a Englander that talks real fast that is going to be real Happy about this. Lol I bet he knew about it all along... Lol I get a kick out of that fast talker. 😃

I guess you're speaking about Fast Talking Performance... That guy speaks faster than a Tornado could fly even with the ramps not welded shut. Very hard to understand acoustically sometimes, still great to listen to though pinkiepieexcited.png

On 9/17/2022 at 12:49 PM, BIGNEWY said:

In the past we generally waited until a 3rd party module was quite far along in development; however, this has resulted in duplicated efforts and inefficiencies.

I actually do wonder in which cases that did happen...

On 9/17/2022 at 2:05 PM, Rosebud47 said:

@BIGNEWY Yeah, that´s true as could be seen with the SU-17/22.

Did I miss something? I just remember seeing OctopusG's video a few months ago basically teasering it without having dropped an official announcement yet and the only other thing I could find was a video of a never released CubanAce mod from 2017.

• Like 2

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

On 9/18/2022 at 3:02 AM, Mogster said:

There was comments made awhile back about the Dauphin.  I am praying to god they do the Aerospatiale Panther from the later 80's up to/or present day version.  This is a shoe in for sure with DCS.  This is still one of the most impressive demonstrations I have scene as a kid growing up.  The first demo when I was younger actually put the Apache on the Spot.  The Apache did not perform as well as the Panther when it came to flight performance.  Really hope to see the old girl in DCS someday! Anything from the old Aerospatiale/American Eurocopter days would be awesome.  Puma, Super Puma, 350, 355 ect.....The second video gives a well rounded overview of the helo through modern times.

Edited by Devil 505
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mogster said:

I wonder if we’ll get the JP233 sub munition dispenser with the Tornado?

Would be almost rude not to… 

Did Germany use it in 1989? That's what matters...

According to wikipedia only the UK and Saudi-Arabia ever used it.

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

4 hours ago, Mogster said:

Since we are gettin a German bird, it'd be a MW-1 if we get anything of the sort, but MW-1 seems to fit the date.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Are we back to Friday again already?!?  I'm starting to lose count of all these announcements.  What's the smart money on for today's newsletter?

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

1 hour ago, Lace said:

Are we back to Friday again already?!?  I'm starting to lose count of all these announcements.  What's the smart money on for today's newsletter?

Map of south western Sweden and Danmark. So Swedish and Danish players can finally decide who should get Skåne (digitally that is)

Edited by Gunfreak

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

13 hours ago, Mogster said:

Would be almost rude not to…

JP-233 was a British thing and not used by the Germans. Germans had MW-1 instead.

The weapon loadout for a German 1989 Tornado IDS should look something like this:
- Mauser BK-27
- AIM-9L Sidewinder
- Mk-80 series
- BL755
- MW-1
- AS.34 Kormoran
- AGM-88

1 hour ago, Lace said:

Unfortunately there is no other place on this forum to discuss the Tornado atm, as the AviaStorm/Tornado subforum is closed @BIGNEWY :sad:

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
1 minute ago, QuiGon said:

Unfortunately there is no other place on this forum to discuss the Tornado atm, as the Tornado subforum is closed

For now we have linked their discord server for feedback, when they are ready they will also have forums to manage, but its better to focus on development in the early stages.

• Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Lace said:

I'm getting a little lost as well. 😊 

I'm guessing a module that will top even the sought-after Tornado.

Redfor modules? Bluefor transport helis?

New 3rd parties or not?

Whatever it is, it's probably awesome and in popular demand. They kicked this off with Kola, and in personal opinion kicked it down a notch while building it up again. I really wonder how they will finish this next Friday! 😄 

Good morning everyone!
Today will be another big announcement! Awaiting!

• Like 2

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

10 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I'm getting a little lost as well. 😊 

I'm guessing a module that will top even the sought-after Tornado.

Redfor modules? Bluefor transport helis?

New 3rd parties or not?

Whatever it is, it's probably awesome and in popular demand. They kicked this off with Kola, and in personal opinion kicked it down a notch while building it up again. I really wonder how they will finish this next Friday! 😄 

It will be tough to top the Tonka. 

Though I'm not personally that keen on REDFOR modules, I know there is a huge demand within the community, so it would be great to see those masochistic deviants given some love.

Could be a map though? 

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Am 19.9.2022 um 02:43 schrieb Eldur:

Did I miss something? I just remember seeing OctopusG's video a few months ago basically teasering it without having dropped an official announcement yet and the only other thing I could find was a video of a never released CubanAce mod from 2017.

Before OctopusG officially announced the SU-17 (n I think it will be a SU-22M ), there was some teasing of Magnitude for a new aircraft, but what was shown, was covered and you could only see the shape of that new aircraft, which could have been identiefied as a SU-17. 
After OctopusG´s announcement, there then appeared to be 2 more SU-17 models were as work in progress as independent mods for DCS. 

I´m happily looking forward for the SU-22M in DCS as an officially licensed module.  

• Like 1

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

34 minutes ago, Lace said:

it would be great to see those masochistic deviants given some love.

😂🤭

I would love some. 😉

Could be a map, but what would best the Kola by a 3rd party. 

Pretty sure Fulda, Korea and Vietnam will be done by ED. Maybe even Iraq. 

But if ED doesn't do Iraq, it might be Ugra's next venture.

The Baltics could be ORBX' next natural step, so that pretty much leaves the Balkans, which could be a 3rd party. 😊