End of hornet EA ?

hanab

7 hours ago, hanab said:

Hi,

hornet is out since may 2018 and is still in EA. When i see the lack of update or informations about the roadmap in the last months, I think there are no many features to finish it.

So why ED don’t want to get out of EA ?

thanks 

The Hornet is not finished yet.

There is a lot that goes into simulating any aircraft, and the Hornet is exceptionally complex. Lots more to polish off before the plane can be fully released, but that does not mean that the module is bad even in Early Access.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hulkbust44 said:
3 hours ago, BuzzU said:
I bought the Hornet in 2018. I don't think of it as being in EA anymore.
EA? Released? What does it matter?

Yeah, it dosen't matter what they declare it as, it's still missing major functions.

I don't know how much they'll give us. What's missing?

Edited by BuzzU

Buzz

The biggest reason why it's not out of EA yet is the FM, which is expected to change soon, as it's being worked on. Not much else is left on the roadmap, basically only UFC BU page (utterly useless in DCS and of very limited utility IRL), INS fixes and loft bombing. The latter is already implemented in the Viper, although there are still some issues left.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The DTC is a huge missing link.  I don't think you'll see the Hornet (or the Viper, etc) exit EA until that is completed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

7 hours ago, BuzzU said:

I see so many opinions. What do you think for the FM? Over or under performing?

As far as I can tell, it's not so much better or worse, but tweaks under certain regimes. Incorrect banking tendencies PA mode, Lack of high AOA/pirouette capability (something that used to be slightly better but was never perfect at any point in dev), unstable pitch-up during bolter etc. Just minor things here and there that aren't quite right. All in all however, it's darn close until you really push the envelope. 

• Like 1

• ED Team
On 9/18/2022 at 5:33 AM, hanab said:

Hi,

hornet is out since may 2018 and is still in EA. When i see the lack of update or informations about the roadmap in the last months, I think there are no many features to finish it.

So why ED don’t want to get out of EA ?

thanks 

Hi hanab, 

as you are well aware module creation is a long process, but we are nearing the end of early access, however this does not mean tweaking and bug fixes wont continue, they will. 

You can see progress marked in green here 

and you can stay up to day here 

As soon as we are ready to leave early access we will let you all know. 

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

15 hours ago, CBStu said:

I guess it may be missing some stuff. But so what. Should I spend time making a list of all functions IRL and then a list of functions in the DCS version so I can compare them? I'd rather spend my time flying.

I guess you don't like the "study" part of study sim. Common occurance in the DCS community.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

The biggest reason why it's not out of EA yet is the FM, which is expected to change soon, as it's being worked on. Not much else is left on the roadmap, basically only UFC BU page (utterly useless in DCS and of very limited utility IRL), INS fixes and loft bombing. The latter is already implemented in the Viper, although there are still some issues left.

You are missing some very important features or ones that are implemented incorrectly.

Edited by BarTzi
  • Like 2

We are missing tweaks and changes at the track logic implementation and overall MSI as well as some tweaks at the FM and loft bombimg modes.

The plane is great as it is now, just need a last push to leave it as what it is, the best simulation of a hornet lot 20 ever made in a public product.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• Like 2

Both Hornet and Viper should be out of EA before the end of 2022. This is what Wags said in #140 issue of PC Pilot. Those of you who expect to have all the features of the real aircraft in DCS will be disappointed.

DTC is a DCS wide feature and it was already removed from the Hornet roadmap.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

1 hour ago, Marklar said:

Those of you who expect to have all the features of the real aircraft in DCS will be disappointed.

I certainly don't expect all, or even most features, I do expect however the ones outlined in the roadmap. I also would expect the modules to be on par with one another, so if a certain function is available for one and there's sufficient data to model, it should be available for all.

1 hour ago, Fromthedeep said:

I certainly don't expect all, or even most features, I do expect however the ones outlined in the roadmap. I also would expect the modules to be on par with one another, so if a certain function is available for one and there's sufficient data to model, it should be available for all.

There are 6 features still to do. 4 of them are already in progress and the last two will be added after early access.

• UFC BU page [WIP]
  • Update flight model for ground effect, takeoff pitch effects, auto-pilot based on FPM, touch and go handling, and other remaining flight model issues [WIP]
  • LOFT modes, ARM, JPF, and other JDAM and JSOW remaining functions [WIP]
  • INS / GPS full simulation and alignment (carrier and ground) [WIP]
  • Mk-77 firebomb (visual effect first required, after early access)
  • GEN-X decoy (missing needed data, after early access)

Edited by Marklar
  • Like 3

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

On 9/19/2022 at 2:57 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi hanab, 

as you are well aware module creation is a long process, but we are nearing the end of early access, however this does not mean tweaking and bug fixes wont continue, they will. 

You can see progress marked in green here 

and you can stay up to day here 

As soon as we are ready to leave early access we will let you all know. 

thanks

hi BN,

I know that i have to be patient. But now i have to be very patient !
 We don’t see any progress on the roadmap since many month and in the last mini update post from wags, there is only one sentence….

at start, hornet dev was fast but now it is very very slow. Out of curiosity, How many guys still working on it ?

Edited by hanab

hi BN,
I know that i have to be patient. But now i have to be very patient !
 We don’t see any progress on the roadmap since many month and in the last mini update post from wags, there is only one sentence….
at start, hornet dev was fast but now it is very very slow. Out of curiosity, How many guys still working on it ?
What I suspect is, ED has a modern fighter team dedicated to the F18/F16 and other projects, from experience they usually work in sprints.

As of now given recent updates, the team is making a hard push at the F16, meaning probably there is 1/2 people not full time on the hornet, or maybe just 1 for bug squashing. After the big F16 push is finished, which could be already, the modern fighter teams moves again to the hornet and other project to finish remaining items, mostly FM, loft modes and hopefully revisiting some implementations (MSI/track files/ look down radar capabilities)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, falcon_120 said:

What I suspect is, ED has a modern fighter team dedicated to the F18/F16 and other projects, from experience they usually work in sprints.

As of now given recent updates, the team is making a hard push at the F16, meaning probably there is 1/2 people not full time on the hornet, or maybe just 1 for bug squashing. After the big F16 push is finished, which could be already, the modern fighter teams moves again to the hornet and other project to finish remaining items, mostly FM, loft modes and hopefully revisiting some implementations (MSI/track files/ look down radar capabilities)

Or else they're working on a new plane. (s)

• Like 1

Buzz