HiP Multi Crew

ZQuickSilverZ

"We are pleased to announce the ability to switch seats in multiplayer will soon be coming to the DCS: AH-64D and DCS: Mi-24P Hind. If flying an AH-64D by yourself in a multiplayer mission, you will be able to switch between seats and allow the AI to occupy the other seat. If, however, you allow another human player to join your aircraft, you will be automatically moved to the pilot seat and the other human player will occupy the CP/G seat."

Hopefully with this announcement HiP MC is coming soon. 

It was release 12/02/2016. That was almost SIX years ago.

HiP MC.png

• Like 4

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Hip was released in 2013, not 2016.

So yea. It will likely be a full 10 years before the Hip gets multicrew, but with the ability to switch seats online finally implemented the way is finally paved for the Mi-8 to get multicrew without killing its usefulness online. So here's hoping!

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 10:47 AM, vsTerminus said:

The Hip was released in 2013, not 2016.

So yea. It will likely be a full 10 years before the Hip gets multicrew, but with the ability to switch seats online finally implemented the way is finally paved for the Mi-8 to get multicrew without killing its usefulness online. So here's hoping!

The site says 2016.

By the way I like your YouTube videos. 

HiP RELEASE DATE.png

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Multi crew is something we would like to do for the Mi-8 but we have no news to share currently. 

thanks

• Like 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 9/24/2022 at 4:57 AM, ZQuickSilverZ said:

The site says 2016.

By the way I like your YouTube videos. 

HiP RELEASE DATE.png

Thank you! I'm trying to find time to work on new ones but this summer has been *crazy*.

That's funny that the site says 2016 because I purchased it in 2014 and made videos with it that year lol.

If you google the mi-8 release date you'll get 2013 so my guess is typo on the site?

1 hour ago, vsTerminus said:

If you google the mi-8 release date you'll get 2013 so my guess is typo on the site?

You are correct, here is a Video dated September 2013 reviewing the just released Hip:

I purchased mine on a 50% Sale on October 2016, best US$ 20 purchase that I've ever made 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, BalticDude said:

more than patiently waiting for Mi-8 multicrew. It's my #1 most wanted feature more than any module and I refuse to fly the Mi-8 until we get multicrew functionality. It would be a fantastic aircraft with multicrew and desperately needs it.

Really? I would be hard pressed to find 2 or 3 friends that would want to fly multi crew with me, and that have both a DCS-capable PC and have purchased the Hip.

In my experience, multi crew is a much over rated feature, as I have never been able to find friends to use the feature with, and flying with random strangers does not appeal to me.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Really? I would be hard pressed to find 2 or 3 friends that would want to fly multi crew with me, and that have both a DCS-capable PC and have purchased the Hip.

In my experience, multi crew is a much over rated feature, as I have never been able to find friends to use the feature with, and flying with random strangers does not appeal to me.

Well, you are not me and I have friends. I want multicrew Hip and you do not. We are not the same.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just a note on the 2013 - 2016 release issue: the module was published in EA in 2013, the 2016 date on DCS site is the date it went out of EA.

Notice that only "released" modules have a date on their store page, there's no date for the EA modules, the only exception being the av-8b/na, declared out of early access but with no "release" date on its homepage (maybe because it's actually still on EA, despite what razbam declared - I remember a sort of revolution on this forum against razbam's decision).

• 2 weeks later...

I just started free trial for the Mi-8 today. It's a perfect fit for missions I fly with my squadron involving troop and cargo transport into combat zone. Very easy to learn; very fun to fly.

Please prioritize adding proper multicrew feature for this module. Thanks!

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Mi-8 😍 (sorry - no contend to add, just felt the need to express my love for this module)

p.s. please give her a cockpit overhaul! (lighting/reflections/textures)

• Like 5

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Please, this is all I care about. I don't care about new modules, I don't care about new maps. I just want multicrew Mi-8, the one helicopter that actually is meant to be flown with multiple people.

On 11/4/2022 at 6:19 AM, nessuno0505 said:

Not my intention to defend ED, but the problem with mi-8 multi-crew IMHO is three people sharing the same cockpit. I assume a big headache for the developers.

That's not a problem, it's a reason to develop Mi-8 multicrew more so than anything now that we have the technology. You should never say "no, because," but instead "yes, but"

• 1 month later...

I've yet to find anyone who wants to seriously fly a position other than pilot, in anything.

• Like 1

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

We are in 2023 and a multicrew module must have the option for at least human pilot and copilot. With more complex modules as the Apache, Hind, or F14, and the Huey as example, the Hip must have the same feature. 

The option, so you could choose to fly like now, or with other friend in the cockpit.

Edited by MicMic
Correction
  • Like 2

On 1/4/2023 at 7:08 PM, Tiger-II said:

I've yet to find anyone who wants to seriously fly a position other than pilot, in anything.

Then you need to get out more because I fly Pilot/Copilot-CPG all the time in the Apache, Hind, and Gazelle. 

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

50 minutes ago, ZQuickSilverZ said:

Then you need to get out more because I fly Pilot/Copilot-CPG all the time in the Apache, Hind, and Gazelle. 

Gazelle is the only helicopter in my group that is not regularly flown as MC due to de-sync issues.

13 hours ago, ZQuickSilverZ said:

Fair enough! 😅 

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

On 9/24/2022 at 11:12 AM, BIGNEWY said:

Multi crew is something we would like to do for the Mi-8 but we have no news to share currently. 

thanks

Hi @BIGNEWY & @NineLine  - Are there any further developments regarding MC for the HIP? I've just renewed my love for this beast, fairly fast, powerful and door gunners! Now flying it Multiplayer makes it a lot more fun. MC would be just fantastic.

• Like 2

• ED Team
1 hour ago, SparrowHawk003 said:

Hi @BIGNEWY & @NineLine  - Are there any further developments regarding MC for the HIP? I've just renewed my love for this beast, fairly fast, powerful and door gunners! Now flying it Multiplayer makes it a lot more fun. MC would be just fantastic.

I have no news to share sorry. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2