George as pilot not obeying

simo-dj
Go to solution Solved by cthulhu68,

Hi everybody,

I am experiencing this issue with George as pilot (as you can see in track).

I wasn't aware of this because, tbh, it's a long time i don't sit in cp/g seat due to throttle/joystick issue.

As you can see, i take off as pilot, switch seat to cp/g and make george interface show up.

First of all, even if i'm in air altitude ordered is 0 and IAS is set to 90kts (weird enough. Usually speed and altitude were displayed quite near current aircraft speed and altitude)

I order George to fly to a direction at a certain altitude but he does whatever he likes without even listening to me.

This is just a track, but it happened almost every time i tryed this. Once or twice I took off as pilot, took speed and headed to desired direction, then switched to cp/g seat. George started to fly circle, no hope to change his way.

Have i missed something since last updates? 

Or maybe should i leave apache and let george fly alone to the sunset?

Thanks a lot in advance and happy landings

georgeaspilotdumb.trk

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"

50 minuti fa, cthulhu68 ha scritto:

1 Swithch seats to cp/g

2 Request Aircraft Control to hand over control to pilot

3 bring up George interface

Thanks cthulhu. Is this from a recent upgrade? I haven’t played for a while as cpg but i never had to request ac control. 

"If you low&slow you're BBQing, if you hot&fast you're grilling, if you low&fast you're flying an Apache"

Theres a "George AI auto handover" option under Options-Special. Not sure if thats new or just what happened by default before. Georges IFF ability is now adjustable under Additioal Properties tab in ME. i'm pretty new to hopping in CP/G seat and instructing George to fly so I dont know how much has changed from day one.

Edited by cthulhu68
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, simo-dj said:

Thanks cthulhu. Is this from a recent upgrade? I haven’t played for a while as cpg but i never had to request ac control. 

It depends how you have your settings set up. Like cthulhu said, if AI handover is unchecked, you have to give him control. This isn't really new, but I don't know if it was there from the begining.

EDIT: just checked, I took control and he wasn't responding. Pressed C and heading and speed alligned with my position. After that he responds correctly

• Thanks 1