Heatblur Mini-Update - September Patch - Jamming & Pilot Body

Cobra847

pilotvr.jpg

Dear All,

Apologies for the late notice on this; with our intense pace currently, we’re quieter than usual and time has flown since the AIM-54 update.

Today’s patch does not include any changes for the Viggen or F-14. Recently, lead times changed significantly for DCS patches, and while we managed to ship our large Phoenix overhaul last update, there was only a very very small gap to contribute to this patch and so we focused on shipping a larger update for the F-14 and Viggen in the October patch. 

Major features which will release will be, amongst others, the new cockpit pilot bodies, Viggen art updates, a new free campaign for the F-14A, and the new full implementation of jamming and associated EW effects in the AWG-9 radar. We'll also be updating the Forrestals with various improvements and adjustments. We’ll do an in-depth dive on the last part soon to give you all an idea of what to expect, as with the AIM-54 as it’s a rather large update to the F-14’s radar and another massive step towards full completion.

Thank you for all the support and stay tuned for the breakdown on the EW/Jamming effects! 🙂 

Sincerely,
HB

nulljamming.jpg

• Like 29
  • Thanks 7

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

19 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

I believe it'll be the continuation of the Operation Reforger - The Iron Heel Campaign, which takes place on the Caucuses map. Part one came out in 2020.

Afair part 2 was supposed to be on Syria while another campaign for the A was to be in PG.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

4 hours ago, Nealius said:

+1 I want to do some TARPS runs even if the pod is just an inert store that doesn't do anything. 

I want TARPS too but I can already do the recce mission with LANTIRN (as stand in), which actually does something.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

21 hours ago, Egri_komrade said:

How's the work going with the TARPS and the A early?

They said a while ago on Facebook that the Early A was essentially just waiting on the ALR-45 sounds to be finished and maybe some other stuff.  "Bar unforeseen circumstances, sometime in late summer or early fall."  So it could be one of the other things in the October patch they haven't announced or it could have been pushed back to November.  That also probably would mean December at the earliest for the F-4 release.  

Heatblur Facebook.PNG

Aircraft: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, F-5E, FC3, AV-8B, Mirage 2000C, L-39, Huey, F-86, P-51, P-47, Spitfire, Mosquito, Supercarrier

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, NTTR, Marianas, Normandy 2, Channel

Upcoming Modules Wishlist: A-7E, A-6E, F-4, F-8J, MiG-17F, A-1H, F-100D, Kola Peninsula

3 hours ago, Stackup said:

They said a while ago on Facebook that the Early A was essentially just waiting on the ALR-45 sounds to be finished and maybe some other stuff.  "Bar unforeseen circumstances, sometime in late summer or early fall."  So it could be one of the other things in the October patch they haven't announced or it could have been pushed back to November.  That also probably would mean December at the earliest for the F-4 release.  

Heatblur Facebook.PNG

"Engineering"

That's only one part of the equation. The Art was mentioned elsewhere, and requires more than just a little bit of adjusting for the older 80s 135-GR. I wouldn't guess that's going to happen before October as it appears the cockpit pilot body is the focus. After that though, a lot of art stuff that still needs to get done will probably come in a big push. The 'early' exterior model with gun vents, adding the ALQ-126 blisters for all 3, fixes to the TCS and removing F-14D bits, things like that. There also would be the replacement of the existing exterior pilot bodies with the new one, adding the HGU-55 helmets for 90s+ skins, and whatever bonus visuals we get like vanes or swappable TCS housings. Those may stretch out over a longer time or they may just gun to get it all done in one big swoop, who knows.

But yes in typical fashion, dev states what they are working on, and everyone immediately bypasses it and asks about X Y and Z instead.

• Like 2

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

1 minute ago, Бойовий Сокіл said:

I sure hope HGU55 and external pilots dont come too long after the new in-cockpit models as it would kinda end up all being mis-matched and a mess quite frankly. 

Unless you have borderline detail autism you're not going to notice the differences in the current body versus the new one. I don't think most as of this moment can even point out issues with the existing body, and the HGU-55s aren't even on the radar yet. They're not coming with this update, this is just the body you see in the cockpit of yourself, not even the other crew member or from F2 view.

Trust me when I say nobody pokes Cobra more about the HGU-55s, texture/visual updates, or optional animation arguments for various bits of the jet and pilots than I do.

• Like 2

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

6 hours ago, IronMike said:

Small correction, campaign will be for the -B, Reforger Part II, Syria map.

Oh well, I'll play through Reforger again in preparation and perhaps bite the bullet and buy the Syria map.  Recently spent a lot of money on a Virpil Throttle (humble brag alert).