Mission Editor Malfunction

COMDZERO
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

i was busy working on mission creation when all of a sudden the editor started malfunctioning. I am not able to allocate all types of active units or static units to all coalitions in the editor.

It also does not display all coalitions available in the mission when allocating. Specifically red ands blue coalition. It does the same in other missions I created.

I uninstalled beta and reinstalled. appears to not have resolved the issue.

Issue started prior to yesterday's update and after. Reinstalled everything - same issue

log files included

DMPS.log dcs.log

• Solution

Try this: rename the folder C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\

to C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor.bak\

With this, DCS will recreate a default mission editor settings folder.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks mate. genius. Please explain if you do not mind how this works?

19 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Try this: rename the folder C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\

to C:\Users\User\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor.bak\

With this, DCS will recreate a default mission editor settings folder.

46 minutes ago, COMDZERO said:

Please explain if you do not mind how this works?

You had reinstalled DCS, so it couldn’t be a problem caused by DCS  itself. The problem presented on several missions, so it couldn’t be a mission corrupted. So, the cause of your issue had to be something within /saved games/dcs/ .. letting DCS rebuild its MissionEditor preferences seemed like a god bet 🙂 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

You had reinstalled DCS, so it couldn’t be a problem caused by DCS  itself. The problem presented on several missions, so it couldn’t be a mission corrupted. So, the cause of your issue had to be something within /saved games/dcs/ .. letting DCS rebuild its MissionEditor preferences seemed like a god bet 🙂 

ok, do I delete the .bak folder now that everything is back to normal?

16 hours ago, COMDZERO said:

ok, do I delete the .bak folder now that everything is back to normal?

It depends … that folder contains items that may be useful to you, for example your aircrafts custom loadouts, your custom Group Templates, your logbook, your campaign progress status … it is a small folder, I would keep it in case I ever need to restore one of these items.

• Thanks 1