Improved flight model in 2.7.18.30348 Open Beta

jurinko

Hi
yes, I have the same impression.
the change is mainly on the flight model (a new way of taking off and it hovers a little more on landing). Mr. DILIXO made a video about it
DCS - Dilixo - Mirage 2000-C The novelties of the next ...https://www.youtube.com › watch
Good viewing:pilotfly:

• Like 1

the main thing I've noticed is the weird auto-pilot-like approach to landings. It feels so odd, almost as if the airplane was on some kind of rails, compared to how it was before. Granted, it was a bit of a challenge to get FPM, chevrons and brackets aligned but fun nonetheless. Now I can lower the gear, place FPM on the runway and go make a (ham)sandwich. Personally, I really don't like it 😕 

On 9/23/2022 at 6:52 PM, Nihu said:

the main thing I've noticed is the weird auto-pilot-like approach to landings. It feels so odd, almost as if the airplane was on some kind of rails, compared to how it was before. Granted, it was a bit of a challenge to get FPM, chevrons and brackets aligned but fun nonetheless. Now I can lower the gear, place FPM on the runway and go make a (ham)sandwich. Personally, I really don't like it 😕 

Because thats the FBW implemented by dassault is very effcient, the aircraft will auto trim continuously. you should have noticed that even with asymetrical load, you don't have to trim in roll as the plane will still fly level not like the F16 where you would need to tri in roll for each airspeed change. The rafale is the same, it's so stable thanks to the FBW and autotrim feature in pitch roll and certainly yaw

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...