Roll tendencies- question

BrianK86

Hello everyone,

I was wondering why the harrier have the tendencies to roll uncontrollably at ridiculously fast rates when i push the stick (negative G) and roll at the same time? 

It gets faster and harder to control until i roll to the opposite side and pull the stick.

Is that something related to the flight module or the actual harrier flight characteristics?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, exhausted said:

we are talking like 720 degree snap rolls though... I highly doubt this is realistic. 

If you want to see what we mean, then try a snap roll to evade a missile when you have a few bombs under the wings

Strictly speaking, most modern fighters have a maximum roll rate up in that range. Now, whether they'll still do it with bombs, I don't know, but it's why they all have limitations on doing endless barrel rolls at high rate. Most of them have something like a prohibition against rolling more than a single full revolution, presumably due to structural or aerodynamic stability reasons.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I feel it is impossible to stop the roll input like in this video IRL. This one shows a clear roll input and a clear stop. In our Harrier it feels that you can do a clear roll input but be unable to stop this roll with such a clear movement...It is even worse with a 720 roll...

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

yup, i'm trial-ing the harrier to see if its worth a buy especially with discount today, but the roll problem is insane, no controllability if you roll 90 degrees and try to accurately stop, i doubt its joystic settings and more likely its the simulated model that is such. 

i am a bit dissapointed this module is the one without the radar in it, if we would have the radar version with amraams, wow.. but still fun module i see why i would enjoy it but i feel like it could be more?

• Thanks 1