Sea King AI Mod

Tomcat-Flyer

Its placed in the SA Map so that suggests its destined for either a ship or an aircraft, but it is clearly the ship fired version because there is no parachute attachment, so that would confirm to me its not designed for, or there is no code as such, to launch it from an aircraft or helo.  Not yet anyway. 

I have not had time to try what PRCCowboy talks about above but that would seem to be worth a try.

Edited by crazyeddie

Small experiment - Using JSGME I overwrote the LT_F_5B with an MK46 from the SA Map pack - it can be dropped from the P8 and it does sink the target, acting just as the LTF5B had.

However, its shrunk in size because of whatever it was that PRCCowboy did with the LTF5B - So theoritically if he undid that you could use the MK46 instead of the LF5B and it would look correct, but you would of course loose the LTF5B. (Not that that would bother me really - as far as I can tell the only aircraft that uses that is the Ju88 and WW2 isnt my thing)

However, again, it still does not work with helo's.  (Which is my next port of call !!)

Edited by crazyeddie

On 9/29/2022 at 5:21 PM, Tomcat-Flyer said:

Maybe I'll add a few Westland Sea King skins to my Sikorsky Sea King, but I will model the Westland Sea King later on as well.

I would like to request an Indian navy skin also further down the line when and if you do the Westland seaking. IN is one of the remaining defense forces still using the aircraft to good use both in ASW, commando, sar and logistics roles

28.09.2022 в 17:21, cdrkrotchetyusn сказал:

I first flew these in the fleet as a nugget aviator in HS-14 "Chargers", CVW-2, USS RANGER CV61.  We flew almost exclusively at night in the Persian Gulf after arriving there two days before the start of Operation Desert Storm.`null

image.jpeg

I am delighted with this photo, as a person who understands what forces it is worth to break through to the dream can be delighted. Now I am (involuntarily) your opponent in politics, but I respect you in this photo. Your photo conveys a feeling. I was like that myself. Respect.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MEV-27 said:

I am delighted with this photo, as a person who understands what forces it is worth to break through to the dream can be delighted. Now I am (involuntarily) your opponent in politics, but I respect you in this photo. Your photo conveys a feeling. I was like that myself. Respect.

I think we'd have way more in common than you might believe!  God Bless You.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomcat-Flyer said:

After I've finished work on the SH-3H (except the constantly growing amount of skins), I now come to the SH-3G.

With the SH-3G, I try to bring the utility-Sea King to DCS.

I would say don’t worry about the skins too much. If you release a skin template the community will do the rest 👍

• Like 4

Since this is a community mod, I need your help on how to get a sling load on an AI helicopter.

I've been looking at some other ED helicopters capable of carrying cargo loads, I've copyied some parts of those scripts to mine, but with no success so far.

So if you have an idea of how to give an AI helo the capability of carrying cargoes, please let me know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tomcat-Flyer said:

Yep, I did.

I set it to the position of the hook, and I also set the 'h_max_gear_hook' to 2.0, like in the Mi-24P (though, I don't know, what it stands for).

it's been almost a year since I did my AI helo's. I can't remember doing anything other than those lines in the lua. maybe the InternalCargo section impacted the sling capacity? I will go back and take a look to see if anything jogs my memory

• 2 weeks later...

Version 1 is out!

https://mega.nz/file/xX0xBYaS#-DQZjPwlj1yFYoago1-P4aJKkR3dDUxidZ4bb0CATrM

Including the SH-3G and SH-3H.
For Paintkit use this link: https://mega.nz/file/tDkTUTKB#Yp_iBnNCwlXpilxrdbqIFaA7nvC1mA9A4Lj8dveswz0

Known issue: When the AI landed on PGUA (Guam AFB) RWY 24L and taxies left on Taxiway F it will explode for some reason.

Next step will be to add external fuel tanks and to create the Westland Sea King.

Have fun!

Edited by Tomcat-Flyer
  • Thanks 3

Very Pleased to have seen this on the downloads page, Excellent work on this! I'm also very happy to hear the demand for the Westland variants aswell, mainly due to the additional role variations. There will historically accurate Seaking variant for nearly every map! (I would lying if I said there wasnt a little bit of british patriotism aswell😂) Massive respect to all involved in this project, both in DCS and the real world!

• Like 1