Sea King AI Mod

Tomcat-Flyer

22 hours ago, Megalax said:

Also, are there versions of the paint kit with more than 4 layers?

Well, by now there are only those four layers, but I'll add more later on...

Anyway, it's really nice to hear that so many of you are happy with this mod.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next I've decided to model the Westland Sea King Mk41, as I come from Germany, then the Sea King HC.4 will follow.

Edited by Tomcat-Flyer
  • Like 2

On 10/16/2022 at 11:14 AM, Tomcat-Flyer said:

Well, by now there are only those four layers, but I'll add more later on...

Its not really necessarily to have more, its to have all the things like weathering, rivets/lines, mechanical parts, stencils and base layers separated. You can always pop in to the Livery discord to chat about us skinner's rigorously obnoxious requirements.

• Like 1

Megalax's Livery Studio

My Liveries in the User Files

I'll stick a maple leaf on anything...

I really like the mod 🙂 Is there a way to improve the main rotor textures, for example with a blurred version that looks better when the helo is flying?

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Hi guys,
I come to salute the extraordinary work of the "Tomcat-Flyerof this beautiful helicopter.
The period of the 60s and 70s is now much richer.

u8pz.jpg

0j4c.jpg

THANKS THANKS THANKS

I just noticed the same little problem with the folded versions: When changing viewing angles, the SeaKings disappear!
below are the screenshots.

exj8.jpg

Edited by Pappy2
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, chgr said:

nice work, thanks 🙂

static sh-3 disappear when panning with camera 😞Screen_221018_104154.pngScreen_221018_104149.png

I think I've figured out what is causing the problem:
If you look closely at the unit (via F12), you get those problems until you restart.
Otherwise I don't have these errors....

Sorry, I can not give better advice!

8 hours ago, Tomcatter87 said:

I really like the mod 🙂 Is there a way to improve the main rotor textures, for example with a blurred version that looks better when the helo is flying?

I've been trying for a while, but for some reason I get these nice blurry tail rotors, but bad looking main rotors....

• Like 1

I'll echo Megalax's request for what we could call a "proper" paintkit. This one is largely useless. In addition, being saved in .pdn files is mind boggling. Why weren't the files in the paint kit saved as either a .psd or .xcf?

I'd love to do something with this but the way you have it structured right now, it's less than stellar. 

In addition, the unwrap and template layout is nothing short of a jigsaw puzzle. I'd recommend redoing it into a more legible layout. 

On 10/18/2022 at 11:16 PM, Urbi said:

The Arg's plane of the main rotors does not appear to have any transparency to the Tail Rotor plane. It would also be better to give full transparency to these layers assigned by the args and adjust the textures via an apha channel.

I've adjusted them now a little bit:

null

image.png

image.png

• Like 4

That looks a lot better, thanks! 🙂

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

I've just updated the Mod to V1.4:null

- Better Main Rotor blurring
- Added protable Fuel tank
      - Added fuel tank skins for both SH-3G skins
- Added Window wippers
- Changed static folded units to flying aircraft to remove bug

=> Now you can insert the folded models from the Static Models - Helicopters page as well, this should solve the rotation-bug.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Tomcat-Flyer
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

On 10/29/2022 at 6:44 PM, MatsH said:

What part is the bulge for the position lights on the paint kit?

I have found the area closest to the actual light but not the rest.

image.png

I've painted the used spots in orange:

nullimage.png

More detailed:

image.png

Anyway I recommend you (and anyone else) to wait a little while, untill I'm finished with the new paintkit.

The new paintkit is not supposed to have other UV's, but it will have better weathering.

I hope I could help you!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, brilliant work.  I know this might be something of a big ask, all things considered, but the Iranian Navy is an operator of the SH-3 Sea King, as seen here.  

Iran tests missiles under apparent watch of US nuclear sub

Source: https://news.yahoo.com/state-media-iran-fires-cruise-083625692.html 

If there is someone who is willing to create this livery, or at least give me some pointers on how I can use the templates without drawing over the rivets and other markings, that'd be much appreciated.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, whats the install path please?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2022 at 3:46 PM, markturner1960 said:

Hi, whats the install path please?

I got the same question, no install instructions and my OvGME just tosses it into C:\......\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC