Autostart.

Varioss

Is there any possibilities for devs to move the autostart sequence from .dll files to .lua like in newer modules ex. Mirage F1? 

I would love to optimize the AutoStart since the current one is way too long.

• Like 2

I like anime girls, planes and planes with anime girls painted on them.

Lockheed, Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Raytheon and General Dynamics should take after Anaheim Electronics and sell brand new prototypes to mentally unstable civilians.

Looking for any sign of intelligence on this forum.

image.png

Bump +1, would love to see this

fyi i made a sudo autostart for the harrier by binding all the things needed to start the aircraft to "1'2'3'4'5--- shift+1, Shift+2" etc. i just press all the keys in order.

i actually really like the feel of how it turned out for starting up, its like a semi automatic check list, i still have to push all the buttons but i cant forget a step because everything is just push 1 then 2 etc... its a nice middle ground between R2-D2 starting the aircraft up and having to remember to click every little switch every respawn in multiplayer.

I've thought about binding keys for this  for other aircraft like the hornet but i already edited the scrip for the hornet to make it super fast and setup a bunch of MFD stuff like Aim-120 default radar range and HMD options that i dont think i could replicate with just keybinds. the keybind semiauto start really only works with the harrier because the airframe is simple and conducive to setting it up that way.

Edited by Epiic_Penguin

I feel the same, autostart is a bit drawn out in the harrier. I learned too manual start it and its pretty simple actually, cuts the time down for sure, but id rather just hit auto lol

• Like 1

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/20/2022 at 6:02 AM, =475FG= Dawger said:

Bump. 

Please do this. 

Bump. Please do this. I refuse to buy any of your products until you commit to providing edit access to the autostart scripting. i would really love to buy the F-15E but not until I can access autostart scripts in Razbam modules.

• Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 12:41 AM, =475FG= Dawger said:

Bump. Please do this. I refuse to buy any of your products until you commit to providing edit access to the autostart scripting. i would really love to buy the F-15E but not until I can access autostart scripts in Razbam modules.

What's the reason behind from preferring lua files? 

Seriously you are missing hours of fun flying razbam stuff because you spend 8 mins starting up instead of 4?

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

3 hours ago, Ala12Rv-Tundra said:

What's the reason behind from preferring lua files? 

Seriously you are missing hours of fun flying razbam stuff because you spend 8 mins starting up instead of 4?

From a philosophical viewpoint, denying access to the macrosequencies.lua does not comport with the idea of DCS as a sandbox. ED and multiple third party providers provide access. Razbam does not. I view in the same light as denying custom liveries would be viewed by someone who wants to make their own livery. 

From a practical standpoint, we are a group of PvP players flying multiple aircraft. Many are retired or active real world aviators with no desire to flip pretend switches. None want to try to stay current on multiple start procedures. 

And access to the file allows customization far beyond the simple start sequence, doing much more cockpit setup much faster than the stock macro. 

It is poor customer service unworthy of my dollars. 

• Like 2

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

There's also the point of disagreement about the state the cockpit is left in after the default sequences, many of us have our own custom startup procedures so when we feel the need to use Autostart (I do that in between flights if I really need to get another beer or take a piss), then we can know the finish state of the startup is as good as our own startup would be.

Having autostart be different to our own start means a process of trying to remember what the autostart misses, especially if we use autostart less frequently. Without customisation ability, it's much easier to just do it manually than to try and figure out what's not done.

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 4 months later...