Has something changed with keybinds?

Hippo
Go to solution Solved by Floyd1212,

I've been away from my PC for a few weeks and I've come back to find that some of my custom keybinds have stopped working.  It's mostly binds for the cyclic, collective and grips.  E.g. I had assigned shf+b, ctl+b to symbology select switch up and down and now they are blank in the options.

Could it be something I've changed or has something happened with the latest update?  I notice that the file

\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\AH-64D_BLK_II_PLT\keyboard\Keyboard.diff.lua

which still appears to contain the binds, has not been changed.

["d3012pnilunilcd25vd1vpnilvunil"] = {
            ["added"] = {
                [1] = {
                    ["key"] = "B",
                    ["reformers"] = {
                        [1] = "LShift",
                    },
                },
            },
            ["name"] = "Symbology Select Switch - Up",
        },
        ["d3013pnilunilcd25vd-1vpnilvunil"] = {
            ["added"] = {
                [1] = {
                    ["key"] = "B",
                    ["reformers"] = {
                        [1] = "LCtrl",
                    },
                },
            },
            ["name"] = "Symbology Select Switch - Down",
        },

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

Edited by Hippo

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

• Hippo changed the title to Has something changed with keybinds?

Thankfully, it only seems to be those two binds that are affected; initially I thought it was more.  I set them manually again and the following lines have changed:

Just out of interest, what are those strings, and why do they need to be different for the binds to work again?  What was the cause of the issue? Was it something I did?

image.png

Edited by Hippo
  • Thanks 1

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hello,

I an new on this forum but I play dcs for few years.

I would like to report a problem have on the Apache since yesterday, regarding the last Open Beta update

The IHADSS symbology Select swichs don't work any more. It is impossible to swich from Transition/Cruise to Hover/Bob-up.

If I start in flight, I am stuck in Transition mode and if I start on the ground, I am stuck in Hover mode.

The mapping is still good and the problem remains even if I map the sight selection on the keyboard or on another stick.

Am I the only one with this problem ?

Thanks a lot

2 hours ago, Akenar-99 said:

The mapping is still good and the problem remains even if I map the sight selection on the keyboard or on another stick.

Perhaps this is just a typo, but you aren't looking for the "sight selection" binds, you want the "Symbology Select Switch - Up/Down" binds.

I tried watching T-bone's track, and I can see the symbology mode changing on the IHADSS in the track, but I am unable to resume control of the track for me to try myself.

• Like 1

• ED Team

I also had to re-bind my Symbology Select commands after the Open Beta patch.

Coincidentally, I also had to re-bind my Pilot and Copilot/Gunner seat switch commands. They weren't removed, but they flagged a conflict for some reason. I re-binded them, restarted DCS, and it worked fine since.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

ditto, same issue for me.  just rebound them, and all is well.  cool beans.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Resetting the keybinds on Pilot/CPG did not solve the problem for me, it is still the case that when a CPG enters via MP the Cockpit, the modes skip as in my trackfile.

Edited by [Eule-22] T-Bone

Specs: R7 3800X, 32Gb 3600Mhz, RTX 2070 S, M2 SSd 970 Pro

Equipment: microHELIS Bell 206 Pedale + Toe-Brakes, microHELIS OH-58D Collective, microHELIS OH-58D Cyclic, Realteus Forcefeel, TrackIR 5

• ED Team
33 minutes ago, JIGGAwest said:

Not sure why this topic got merged. 

There were two threads regarding the the keybinds themselves being removed. These were merged together.

The tracks regarding a different bug were added to one of those threads, but the original thread topics were regarding the bindings being removed.

This is why different bugs need different threads. When people add information regarding different behaviors, it can be confusing.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

IHADSS Symbology Select problem since last Open Beta update

is the track meant for this merged thread?

Does someone need to post a track for the multiplayer bug?

has the symbology select bug been reported?

12 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

There were two threads regarding the the keybinds themselves being removed. These were merged together.

The tracks regarding a different bug were added to one of those threads, but the original thread topics were regarding the bindings being removed.

This is why different bugs need different threads. When people add information regarding different behaviors, it can be confusing.

• ED Team
24 minutes ago, JIGGAwest said:

IHADSS Symbology Select problem since last Open Beta update

is the track meant for this merged thread?

It is not. As I said above, the two threads that were merged were regarding the removal of control bindings within the options menu, not multiplayer behavior. The person that posted those tracks did so of their own accord to one of these threads when the original topic was regarding something else entirely, and therefore when the entire threads were merged, his got moved with it.

Portions of threads cannot be merged independently of each other, because that is how the forums work. When people add information to a bug report thread that is not relevant to that issue, that is out of our control. Since the original questions regarding the keybinds being deleted after the last update has been answered, I'm locking this thread for now to avoid any further confusion that may be caused.

If someone would like to start a new thread regarding a different issue, we welcome the feedback for tracking purposes. Thank you.

• Like 1

DCS Rotor-Head