cannot set key bind for active pause

wanderer108
Go to solution Solved by jaylw314,

I simply cannot set key command for "active pause" in the control menu. When double clicking on the active pause line (under UI layer category) under any controller, including keyboard, nothings happens. There's no binding currently for active pause. I can set key command for other orders no issue. Is there any setting I am missing?

PS did a search but did not see any mentioning of this situation

• Solution
9 hours ago, wanderer108 said:

I simply cannot set key command for "active pause" in the control menu. When double clicking on the active pause line (under UI layer category) under any controller, including keyboard, nothings happens. There's no binding currently for active pause. I can set key command for other orders no issue. Is there any setting I am missing?

IIRC, they made a point of moving a bunch of UI and general controls to the individual modules, so if you're flying the A-10CII, it's there now.  Weirdly, it's still in UI layer and allows only for a mouse keybind--go figure.

Edited by jaylw314

21 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

IIRC, they made a point of moving a bunch of UI and general controls to the individual modules, so if you're flying the A-10CII, it's there now.  Weirdly, it's still in UI layer and allows only for a mouse keybind--go figure.

Thanks! This is indeed the case. 

• 3 months later...
On 9/24/2022 at 5:51 AM, wanderer108 said:

What is the "UI layer" category?  Is it supposed to be in Adjust Controls because I can not find it.

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

I have tried this, and I could bind the "Active Pause" to buttons on my button box and it works. I tried both the bindings under A-10C II and UI Layer.

If you want to use the bindings under A-10C II there is a limitation however:
You cannot bind the Active Pause command to any button on the game controllers that have a dedicated .lua file (not .diff.lua"!) in the game folder, for eample the TM Warthog throttle and joystick, Saitek X52 Pro Flight Controller etc. That's because these files, unlike the "default.lua", do not include a line for active pause (would be easy to fix by a simple LUA edit).

The UI Layer has no such limitation. I prefer using the bindings under UI Layer for common commands, and I have unbound even the keyboard binding under A-19C II as it duplicates the UI Layer binding.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5