Did something change with the weapons page of the MFD on the A10C-II ?

GwydionWolf
Go to solution Solved by jaylw314,

Hey Folks... i have a quick question.

A few months ago i picked up the A10CII and spent a few weeks flying around and playing DCS with it.  I got decently good at using it and then got back into another game with a update for it that came out.  Now, after about a month or not touching DCS, i hopped back into the A10CII and while trying to cycle between weapons after taking off, i realized that the controls i 'use' to use, no-longer work unless i 'manually' select at least 1 weapon first.

What i mean is this....

I "USE" to be able to have the HUD as the active SOI, then hit Coolihat Left/right to cycle between the weapons on the aircraft without having to actually 'select' a weapon from the weapons page of the MFD.

Last night, i hopped back into the AC10CII and after taking off, trying to cycle through the weapons with the Coolihat refused to work. Out of curriosity i manually selected a weapon from the MFD, then re-tried the coolihat, and suddenly it was acting like i remembered it again where left/right coolihat = cycled between weapons.

Did something change? or is this an odd bug?

• Solution

I assume you meant DMS switch, not Coolie Hat switch.  DMS left and right cycles weapons when HUD is SOI.

HOWEVER:

If the HUD happens to be in gun mode, DMS left and right cycles the gunsight reticle mode instead.

That's why manually selecting a weapon fixed it, it switched you out of gun mode into the HUD mode connected to that weapon profile (CCIP or CCRP).

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

I assume you meant DMS switch, not Coolie Hat switch.  DMS left and right cycles weapons when HUD is SOI.

HOWEVER:

If the HUD happens to be in gun mode, DMS left and right cycles the gunsight reticle mode instead.

That's why manually selecting a weapon fixed it, it switched you out of gun mode into the HUD mode connected to that weapon profile (CCIP or CCRP).

Yea... i keep getting the different hats/switches mixed up name-wise.. but that is what i meant.

And ahh, thanks for that.  I knew "something" was going on, but it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what i was doing differently.....  now i need to look up how to get the HUD in/out of Gun mode so i don't fumble around like this again 😄

29 minutes ago, GwydionWolf said:

Yea... i keep getting the different hats/switches mixed up name-wise.. but that is what i meant.

And ahh, thanks for that.  I knew "something" was going on, but it was driving me crazy trying to figure out what i was doing differently.....  now i need to look up how to get the HUD in/out of Gun mode so i don't fumble around like this again 😄

Just press the Master Mode button, it cycles the HUD mode from NAV -> GUNS -> CCIP -> CCRP

Confusingly, if your in GUNS mode with the default gun reticle, and you're not in an attitude where the impact point is in range, the reticle will vanish and you'll get "CCIP INVALID" right where "CCIP" appears when you're in CCIP mode.  Conversely, when you're in CCIP mode in the wrong attitude, you won't see the reticle or bomb fall line and you'll get no such error displayed.

• Like 2