How can I install theater textures in the folder "saved games"?????

Silver_
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Can you somehow save the textures of a theater in the "Saved Games" folder? My intention is to have everything there and not put anything in the DCS OpenBeta root installation. I have already achieved it with some mods and skins of airplanes but I don't know how to do it with the theater. P.E. Insert this mod:

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Silver_ said:

Can you somehow save the textures of a theater in the "Saved Games" folder?

No, you can only do that with unit’s skins, not terrains.

26 minutes ago, Silver_ said:

My intention is to have everything there and not put anything in the DCS OpenBeta root installation. I have already achieved it with some mods and skins of airplanes but I don't know how to do it with the theater. P.E. Insert this mod:

you should follow that Mods install instructions, which tell you to use a Mod Manager to replace the terrain textures within the DCS program’s folder (not Saved Games).

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

No, you can only do that with unit’s skins, not terrains.

And it's the same thing for terrain kneeboards and raster charts files. I guess the "Saved Games/Mods/terrains" path is unknown to DCS.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• Solution
3 minutes ago, Flappie said:

And it's the same thing for terrain kneeboards and raster charts files. I guess the "Saved Games/Mods/terrains" path is unknown to DCS.

well, there used to be a time when every modding you wanted to do, was replacing or editing files on the DCS program folder .. /saved games/dcs/ was used only to store the user configuration, keybinds, screenshots and tracks.

Starting with DCS 1.5 appeared the ability to have a /saved games/dcs/mods/ folder, to allow the user to add Mod aircrafts, ships, objects and vehicles, without interfering with the official Modules. But this functionality does not extend to custom terrains.

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

9 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

well, there used to be a time when every modding you wanted to do, was replacing or editing files on the DCS program folder .. /saved games/dcs/ was used only to store the user configuration, keybinds, screenshots and tracks.

Starting with DCS 1.5 appeared the ability to have a /saved games/dcs/mods/ folder, to allow the user to add Mod aircrafts, ships, objects and vehicles, without interfering with the official Modules. But this functionality does not extend to custom terrains.

Thanks my friend, I had the illusion that this was also possible as it happens with the skins of the airplanes and thus avoid inecely touching the main folder.👍