Wing Sweep during takeoff.

Mule

Hi, I hope someone can help. I load the Tomcat as "takeoff from runway" because I can't be arsed to go through the whole start up procedure although I do when I do full missions etc. When I do this the wings are always swept fully back and in emergency mode. Why is this? Also the right inner flap is always down creating terrible symmetric roll. I have no idea how to solve that.

How do i get them in auto mode? It won't do it for some reason?

Many thanks.

Edited by Mule

You need to do the following steps:

1. Wing Sweep Handle (inboard of throttles) all the way forward and right click handle to engage into spider detent
  2. Punch the grey circular RESET button just forward of the quadrant on the vertical panel
  3. Now find whatever you have mapped to the wing sweep auto button (you may need to assign it) and hit it.

Voila, your wings will be coming forward.

For flaps, you should now be able to use your flap lever to engage the flaps.

• Like 1

The reason the wings are always in oversweep, no matter starting choice, is a state limitation in DCS.  If the wings were designated unswept for hot starts, they would be unswept no matter the location.

Including the tight spacing of carrier decks. 

Further, procedurally the F-14 would not be unswept until turning the corner onto the runway at the earliest, or lined up at the latest.  Thus, this is the correct process and way to start for takeoff. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mule said:

That all worked. The master reset was the problem and I was clearly overspreading with the flaps. Many thanks. Much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Protip: leave the flaps up.  Use maneuvering flaps with whatever control you have them set on to deploy them fully.  The reduced lift provided increases your rate of acceleration and reduces the amount of ballooning/porpoising- thus allowing your takeoff to be smoother and in shorter distance. 

• Like 3