Symbology Select Up/Dn not working correctly in multicrew

Floyd1212

This was part of another thread that got merged, so posting again in its own thread...

As of the 9/21/2022 patch, the Symbology Select Switch Up and Down is bugged when playing in multiplayer with a human CPG.  Once the human CPG joins the aircraft, the Up and Down commands will "double press" so that it won't stay on the desired mode.  (Work-around: You can quickly press Up twice to get it to execute 3 times, and stay on Transition Mode, for example.)

This does not occur in SP, or in MP when George is in the front seat, only when a human CPG is present.

Note: These binds were cleared in this patch release, so you will need to rebind these functions as well.

Edited by Floyd1212
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

Just to make sure I understand the precise conditions this occurs.

If a single human is in multiplayer, but flying alone in either seat, the symbology select works as it should. But as soon as a second human joins in multiplayer, that's when it doesn't work correctly any more? And does it work incorrectly for both human players after the second human joins, or just one crewstation?

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Your explanation is correct. Once you are alone in the MP, the modes work as they should. As soon as a human CPG gets in, the error occurs. And the error occurs on the pilot seat as well as on the CPG seat.

Edit: Added track files from CPG seat.

IHADDS-Symb.Bug.trk DxDiag.txt Logs.zip

IHADDS-Symb.Bug_CPG.trk

Edited by [Eule-22] T-Bone
  • Like 1

Specs: R7 3800X, 32Gb 3600Mhz, RTX 2070 S, M2 SSd 970 Pro

Equipment: microHELIS Bell 206 Pedale + Toe-Brakes, microHELIS OH-58D Collective, microHELIS OH-58D Cyclic, Realteus Forcefeel, TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, Swift. said:

Interestingly I've been flying CPG with a human crewmate since the update and had no such issue. Although everyone who's sat in the back has had the issue.

I don't typically change the symbology when CPG, since I'm watching TV anyway and changing symbology messes with the pilots helmet display as they are synchronized (are they supposed to be?).

But I have noticed that as pilot they symbology will change twice in rapid succession, which has been a bug with multiple other things. Maybe there is some deeper root cause that needs fixing instead of patching individual buttons that don't work all the time. All of those things also have in common that it only happens in multicrew.

1 minute ago, FalcoGer said:

I don't typically change the symbology when CPG, since I'm watching TV anyway and changing symbology messes with the pilots helmet display as they are synchronized (are they supposed to be?).

But I have noticed that as pilot they symbology will change twice in rapid succession, which has been a bug with multiple other things. Maybe there is some deeper root cause that needs fixing instead of patching individual buttons that don't work all the time. All of those things also have in common that it only happens in multicrew.

To note with the pilots double press, its pressing once on depress and again on release. So you if you press and hold it will do a single action and then when you eventually release it does the second action.

• Like 2

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• ED Team
4 minutes ago, FalcoGer said:

as they are synchronized (are they supposed to be?).

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Swift. said:

To note with the pilots double press, its pressing once on depress and again on release. So you if you press and hold it will do a single action and then when you eventually release it does the second action.

Thanks for that additional information.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

The same thing happened to me last night. I rarely play multi-crew so when I had a human CPG, I got the same indication as the OP. Human CPG caused the Symbology Select to "skip" over Transition mode and went into Navigation mode.

Here is a link to my track file because it is VERY large. The unit to watch is the AH-64 with multi-crew DarkHelmet as Pilot and Usul as Co-pilot/Gunner.

Sym Select error example - DarkHelmet (Pilot) Usul (CPG)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 5:35 PM, Swift. said:

Interestingly I've been flying CPG with a human crewmate since the update and had no such issue. Although everyone who's sat in the back has had the issue.

Developing on this. This issue presents for whoever is on the controls, either front or back. And not for the pilot not on the controls.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just had this happen to me in MP, human CPG makes symbology select mess up. 

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

On 9/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, Raptor9 said:

Just to make sure I understand the precise conditions this occurs.

If a single human is in multiplayer, but flying alone in either seat, the symbology select works as it should. But as soon as a second human joins in multiplayer, that's when it doesn't work correctly any more? And does it work incorrectly for both human players after the second human joins, or just one crewstation?

I can also confirm this bug. It appears in multicrewing for both crewmembers.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• Floyd1212 changed the title to Symbology Select Up/Dn not working correctly in multicrew
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...