CP/G Right Hand Grip Laser Tracker Mode Key/Button Bindings not Working

Nereid
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

Are the right hand grip laser tracker mode bindings not working in the current beta?

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

On 9/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, Nereid said:

Are the right hand grip laser tracker mode bindings not working in the current beta?

I reported this in the main bugs thread. Doesn't seem to be gaining traction.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz; 80.0 GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8); nVidia RTX4090 24GB RAM; 2TB Samsung 980 NVmA; 2TB HDD; 1TB SSD (System); MoBo MSI X-570 A Pro; PSU: Corsair RM1000X
3 x ASUS 27" 2560 x 1440 75fps monitors, stitched/surround for DCS
1 x ViewSonic 27" Touchscreen (Viewsonic 3420)

Bump for visibility. This is a real problem. Laser triggers and TEDAC aren't working. I can see the buttons moving in the cockpit, but nothing is happening.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.80 GHz; 80.0 GB DDR4 3200 (4 x 8); nVidia RTX4090 24GB RAM; 2TB Samsung 980 NVmA; 2TB HDD; 1TB SSD (System); MoBo MSI X-570 A Pro; PSU: Corsair RM1000X

OK, I did some poking around yesterday, because Floyd is correct, there are plenty of people able to do this right now.

As CP/G, you need to select the TADS as your sight (Sight Sel TADS). This will enable you to use your LRFD triggers and fire your weapons after arming them.

Probably (for me anyway) a case of forgetting something I just learned in the middle of figuring out a bunch of other stuff around the same time.

Glad you were able to get it worked out.  Sometimes it's hard to tell if the issue is a genuine bug, or if it's someone new to the module that is still discovering how things work. 🙂

One more gotcha you might not be aware of: when doing a cold start, the CPG will need to take the extra step of powering on the laser on the WPN > UTIL page.

image.png

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

Glad you were able to get it worked out.  Sometimes it's hard to tell if the issue is a genuine bug, or if it's someone new to the module that is still discovering how things work. 🙂

One more gotcha you might not be aware of: when doing a cold start, the CPG will need to take the extra step of powering on the laser on the WPN > UTIL page.

image.png

TYVM. This probably explains why it felt different, but who knows? CP/G is fun as hell in co-op play. Did it for the first time last night.

I was referreing to the "Laser Tracker Mode (LT)" and the "Image Autotracker (IAT) Prolarity" switch. It doesn't react on Keyboard bindings. You could change it by mouse but not by keyboard/button.

On 10/3/2022 at 2:15 AM, Floyd1212 said:

Are you saying you can't lase targets?  This sounds like an issue with your binds, not the module.  Many people are out there lasing targets and shooting Hellfires all day long.

No.

On 10/3/2022 at 5:12 PM, Derbroomaster said:

As CP/G, you need to select the TADS as your sight (Sight Sel TADS). This will enable you to use your LRFD triggers and fire your weapons after arming them.

Changing the sight should not affect a switch.

DCS:A-10C / DCS:Ka-50 / DCS:UH-1H / DCS:Mig21bis / DCS:P-51D / DCS:Mi-8MTV2 / DCS:Fw190D9 / DCS:Bf109K4 / DCS:C-101EB / DCS:L-39C / DCS:F-5E / DCS:Spitfire LF Mk. IX / DCS:AJS37

5 hours ago, Nereid said:

Changing the sight should not affect a switch.

I completely agree, but that's the only way I'm able to move my TADS sight.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 3:06 PM, kgillers3 said:

Changing the sight absolutely affects that switch.  You need to be in tads to utilize the laser after arming the aircraft. 

It shouldn't. It is a switch. And you can bind them to a key or button. But it's not working. But feel free to explain how changing a sight should affect a switch.

Edited by Nereid

We seem to be discussing two different things in this thread.

1) In order to slew the TADS around with the controls on the RHG, TADS needs to be the active Sight.

2) I just confirmed that even though you can bind LT Mode Auto, Manual, or Off in the controls page, pressing these bindings on the keyboard does not move the selector on the RHG in the game.  However, you can click on the selector with your mouse and the rocker switch does change position.  I think the point being made above is that the IAT and LT Mode features are not implemented in the module yet, so perhaps when they are, these bindings will be tied to the switches and they will animate properly.

• Thanks 1

• ED Team

@Nereid, are you:

1) Saying that the functions associated with the switch are not working? or
2) Saying that the switches themselves are not animated back and forth?

If you are saying 1), the Laser Spot Tracker (LST) and Image Auto Track (IAT) functions are not implemented yet in the DCS: AH-64D. This is why nothing happens when you try to use these functions.

And just to ensure their is no confusion, the LST is for detecting other laser designations with the TADS, it doesn't actually fire a laser from your own TADS. If you wish to use the laser trigger to designate targets, you will need to select TADS as your Sight. The laser will not fire if this is not the case, regardless of whether you pull the trigger or not.

If you are saying 2), the module is WIP and some cockpit animations may not be added yet.

EDIT: sniped by Floyd1212

Edited by Raptor9

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

5 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

@Nereid, are you:

1) Saying that the functions associated with the switch are not working? or
2) Saying that the switches themselves are not animated back and forth?

Neither. The switches are animated but not by bindings. I didn't say anything about their function. Let me repeat what I have said:

On 9/26/2022 at 11:52 PM, Nereid said:

It is pretty clear, isn't it?

5 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

However, you can click on the selector with your mouse and the rocker switch does change position.  I think the point being made above is that the IAT and LT Mode features are not implemented in the module yet, so perhaps when they are, these bindings will be tied to the switches and they will animate properly.

And that is exactly my point. Such missing bindings get overlooked very easiliy later on.

Edited by Nereid

• ED Team
  • Solution
10 minutes ago, Nereid said:

It is pretty clear, isn't it?

It wasn't, which is why I asked for the clarification as I did. Thank you.

As stated, these items are not implemented yet, but will be tested at the appropriate time of implementation.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 7:55 PM, Raptor9 said:

It wasn't, which is why I asked for the clarification as I did. Thank you.

As stated, these items are not implemented yet, but will be tested at the appropriate time of implementation.

No problem. I was just asking if they binds are working. Currently they are not and that was the answere to my question.