Unable to enter VR with OPENXR

Nuggetz

My set up has been working fine. However when trying to log into DCS this morning I cannot enter VR using OPENXR.  I end up on the monitor screen. I have not changed anything software wise other than updated the OpenXR toolkit to 1.2.0 from 1.1.4 and renewed my Norton security software. I had used DCS VR successfully since that software update. 

I have run the slow DCS repair. I reverted to Version 1.1.4 but still no luck. Checked all drivers are up to date etc. I even downloaded STEAMVR and got the headset working. I then deleted STEAMVR but cannot get into VR via OPENXR and my Pimax 8KX. 

EDIT: I have reinstalled all the associated OpenXR files. I can get my 8KX to work with another flight simulator via OPENXR but unable to get DCS working in VR. I have checked the Enable VR box in the VR tab in DCS. 

I would really appreciate some advice on what to check or do next. Thank you. 

Edited by Nuggetz
Updated.

Ryzen 5950X, MSI  RTX 3080TI, 1 TB SSD, 64GB 3600 MHZ DDR4 RAM, Pimax Crystal and 8KX KDMAS. WINWING F16EX Throttle: FSSB-R3-MKII ULTRA Base/TMWH Joystick: DCS: F16C

I had the same problem.

The solution is to force open composite generally from the utility (not manually setting DCS to run with open composite from the “configure” page).

Look at the screenshots (first one ok, second one wrong), I hope that it’s clear what I’m trying to say.

At least, this worked for me (reverb G2), I don’t know anything about the pimax…

ok.png

wrong.png

Edited by Donald_Shimoda

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I must have missed these replies. Thank you for your input. I have managed to get into VR mode using Open Composite. The only missing component is the lack of FFR (fixed foveated rendering) options in the Open XR Toolkit.

My current FPS is typically 50-75 (75 hz refresh rate) depending on map/altitude etc, so the lack of FFR is minimal for the most part.

thanks for your input  

Edited by Nuggetz

Ryzen 5950X, MSI  RTX 3080TI, 1 TB SSD, 64GB 3600 MHZ DDR4 RAM, Pimax Crystal and 8KX KDMAS. WINWING F16EX Throttle: FSSB-R3-MKII ULTRA Base/TMWH Joystick: DCS: F16C