Game crash after month and month... Help

Haruku
Go to solution Solved by Rudel_chw,

Hello, I am a DCS pilot since a lot of time, and theses last months were horrible for me:

My DCS open beta keep crashing for no reason, 10 min in flight or 2 hours in. I just can't play at all, it's now enought for me and I need help.

I tried this :

Switch Window 11 to 10 with clean install, re-install all VC redit, pagefile, uninstalling mods and reshade, re-install DCS clean with SSD formating.

Here are my logs with mediafire link since i can't upload there because of the filsize. Theses are my last 3 crash (same day)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/43vd62iiunsb5jx/dcs.log-20220926-170855.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/oid7wm6atysmmdl/dcs.log-20220926-170918.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ccqs59aechrxyqc/dcs.log-20220926-173807.zip/file

By the way, sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language !

I don't understand how to read logs so I don't know hy I crash this is why I am here for help !

What are your hardware specs?

CPU, GPU, Power Supply (How many watts), Mainboard Manufacturer and Chipset?

Have you installed the latest chipset drivers? Are you running your RAM on XMP?

My first idea would be, that it is hardware related.

Are you playing any other demanding games? Are they running stable? Are you monitoring the temps of GPU and CPU?

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

15 minutes ago, Hiob said:

What are your hardware specs?

CPU, GPU, Power Supply (How many watts), Mainboard Manufacturer and Chipset?

Have you installed the latest chipset drivers? Are you running your RAM on XMP?

My first idea would be, that it is hardware related.

Are you playing any other demanding games? Are they running stable? Are you monitoring the temps of GPU and CPU?

Hello, thank's for the fast reply, here are my specs:

R5 3600X, RTX 2070 SUPER AMP EXTREME ZOTAC, CORSAIR 650 or 750 watt platinium (I don't remember), B550 TOMAHAWK MSI, and the chipset i can't remember the name but after search it's "AMD B550 chipset" ?

I don't think I have the last chipset driver installed, I didn't install them on both of my fresh windows install. I am running my RAM on XRP 3200mhz, (32go btw).

Yes, others demanding games doesn't seem to have a problem ! They are stable. My temps are stable since the lot of fan and my AIO, no overheating or fan going crazy.

• Solution

Your logs point to this error:

"ERROR   DX11BACKEND: DX device removed. Reason: 0x887A0006"

I can't really know what hardware device is producing this error, but you could try the action that @Flappie suggest here:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

7 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Your logs point to this error:

"ERROR   DX11BACKEND: DX device removed. Reason: 0x887A0006"

I can't really know what hardware device is producing this error, but you could try the action that @Flappie suggest here:

Done this, hope it will work ! I will update here.

For Hiob, I just installed chipset drivers.

Hope theses solutions will work !

Ok, from your hardware specs I can’t see any obvious problems. Try Flappies tips.

Do you have crashes to the desktop and windows keeps running or do you have system freezes or resets?

Do you have any overclocks applied other than XMP (you could just for a test deactivate that too)

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 9/27/2022 at 10:33 PM, Hiob said:

Ok, from your hardware specs I can’t see any obvious problems. Try Flappies tips.

Do you have crashes to the desktop and windows keeps running or do you have system freezes or resets?

Do you have any overclocks applied other than XMP (you could just for a test deactivate that too)

Hello, for the crash, window keep running. No other overclocking.

But after Flappie tips and chipset driver my problem seem solved since in 2 hours of pure flight with 4 people not a single crash ! I will try an other flight and if it don’t crash again I’ll mark as solved.

Thank’s a lot for your help !

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Haruku said:

Hello, for the crash, window keep running. No other overclocking.

But after Flappie tips and chipset driver my problem seem solved since in 2 hours of pure flight with 4 people not a single crash ! I will try an other flight and if it don’t crash again I’ll mark as solved.

Thank’s a lot for your help !

👍