Could someone point me in the Direction

shaneduce

of someone that can make this P-40 WarHawk Livery for the F14A/B? 

Edit:I'm will to talk commission for a one of a kind skin. I want it to be army airforce green, the tooth grin and my name and nickname on the pilot side. WW2 star on the wings and tail be nice tho not nessary. 

P-40F-10 WarHawk.PNG

Edited by shaneduce

9 hours ago, shaneduce said:

of someone that can make this P-40F-10 WarHawk Livery for the F14A/B?

P-40F-10 WarHawk.PNG

Yes, I hear @LanceCriminal86 is very good with stuff like that. 😄

In all honesty though, there are many capable skin makers out there, but I doubt someone would attempt this skin for you simply for free, as it is not really realistic (no harm in that btw), which simply means, it is not really on their radar. The best bet is to check the user file section, see who uploaded skins and simply write them and ask them if they would be willing to do that for you (but you would likely have to offer them something in return, doing skins is no small task).

Good luck, and make sure to share the results with us please, if you do manage to find someone!

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

11 hours ago, IronMike said:

Yes, I hear @LanceCriminal86 is very good with stuff like that. 😄

In all honesty though, there are many capable skin makers out there, but I doubt someone would attempt this skin for you simply for free, as it is not really realistic (no harm in that btw), which simply means, it is not really on their radar. The best bet is to check the user file section, see who uploaded skins and simply write them and ask them if they would be willing to do that for you (but you would likely have to offer them something in return, doing skins is no small task).

Good luck, and make sure to share the results with us please, if you do manage to find someone!

If I could do this my self I would. I'm new to DCS and have had a hard time figuring out the skin making system. That's why I'm asking for help. 

I have hurd a lot of negative thing's about this community. and so far 50% of the time they are true.

Edited by shaneduce

15 hours ago, shaneduce said:

I have hurd a lot of negative thing's about this community. and so far 50% of the time they are true.

This is very sad to hear, most of the folks in this community are very helpful and kind, but foul apples are unfortunately everywhere. One thing is of course that a lot of folks come with rather strange requests or impossible requests and then community members who have been at it for a long time can react a bit off-putting or do not show the exact same patience anymore they did years ago.

I can assure you however that most around here will always be willing to help if approached kindly, and I am sure you will find a skin maker that is willing to help you, but as mentioned above, stating the willingness to pay something for it, will go a long way, simply because they will have to invest a lot of their free time to do that for you. And I don't think it would be an outlandish sum they would expect, just something that in the end can make both of you guys happy.

The best course imo here is to go through PM. I would start by looking at the user file section and see who does unrealistic F14 skins - these will likely have more interest in doing a skin that did not exist in reality, and then send them a PM and tell them you would need help and you would be willing to compensate them for it. I am sure you will then find someone and can come to an agreement which will leave both parties satisfied.

If in any case someone is treating you badly here, then simply ping me or send me a pm please and I will sort it out. New folks are golden nuggets for this community, and we will not tolerate that new folks are treated badly at all, to the contrary, we want this to be a maximum inviting place.

I sincerely hope you find what you are looking for and please let us know how it went!

Welcome again to DCS!

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

3 hours ago, shaneduce said:

@IronMikeI was under the impression that offering money was a given as it's going to be a one of a kind commission work. My bad I guess I was wrong apologies.

Failing to have someone do it. Is there there any tutorial's on how to make Skin's? free or paid?

It’s complicated but doable - it’s been a while since I’ve done any.

You’ll need Photoshop to do the editing and the template available in these forums.

The first note is that there isn’t one texture file, many are used across the aircraft - this can make lining up geometric shapes that cross texture boundaries challenging.

Then there are alpha channels - these are texture layers that have transparency characteristics and are used to drive how Matt or gloss the skin finish is.

A search on YouTube for DCS skin creation will help - there’s a few good ones that helped me when I started. I’m on my phone currently and don’t have time to search out the links but if I get the opportunity later I’ll add some for you.

Just be advised that it is a time consuming process at first (and even accomplished skin artists can find complicated paint schemes a black hole of time and effort) and takes a while to get the rhythm of. 

This probably why your request was not immediately taken up - as even a noob skinner I can see there’s a lot of complication in adapting that paint scheme to the F-14, and that even before we worry about lining up those geometric white lines and making them make sense with the wing sweep etc. There’s scope to lose a lot of hours there!

Hope this helps somewhat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DD_Fenrir said:

It’s complicated but doable - it’s been a while since I’ve done any.

You’ll need Photoshop to do the editing and the template available in these forums.

The first note is that there isn’t one texture file, many are used across the aircraft - this can make lining up geometric shapes that cross texture boundaries challenging.

Then there are alpha channels - these are texture layers that have transparency characteristics and are used to drive how Matt or gloss the skin finish is.

A search on YouTube for DCS skin creation will help - there’s a few good ones that helped me when I started. I’m on my phone currently and don’t have time to search out the links but if I get the opportunity later I’ll add some for you.

Just be advised that it is a time consuming process at first (and even accomplished skin artists can find complicated paint schemes a black hole of time and effort) and takes a while to get the rhythm of. 

This probably why your request was not immediately taken up - as even a noob skinner I can see there’s a lot of complication in adapting that paint scheme to the F-14, and that even before we worry about lining up those geometric white lines and making them make sense with the wing sweep etc. There’s scope to lose a lot of hours there!

Hope this helps somewhat.

Thanks for the tip.
I thought about it could be one color the dark green, with the shark face close to the nose. Like I've seen on other skin's, just twicking the colors a bit.