UH-1H Landing Light Switch ON - OFF

Griefhard

Hi there,
on my collective I would like to bind a key/switch to Landing Light ON and another key/switch to Landing Light OFF. Just like it is in the Huey Collective.

I know that a bunch of people have modeled this for various other aircrafts, but I couldn't find any solution for the Huey. Can anyone help or tell me what code I have to insert?

Would greatly appreciate that.

• 7 months later...
On 9/28/2022 at 11:44 PM, Griefhard said:

Hi there,
on my collective I would like to bind a key/switch to Landing Light ON and another key/switch to Landing Light OFF. Just like it is in the Huey Collective.

I know that a bunch of people have modeled this for various other aircrafts, but I couldn't find any solution for the Huey. Can anyone help or tell me what code I have to insert?

you could do that, a switch for on and a switch for off, or you could do on else off. that way a single switch would toggle it on or off. same for anti collision light, theres a video that goes into it but i dont understand it well enough yet, he uses the huey specifically at the end 

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Hi there,

iv been playing and the best iv done so far is basically duplicate the control which allows you to set 2 seperate jpystick buttons to the same function, they both operate like push buttons though so pressing it again aill alternate between on and off

im still working on it 

Hi there,

right got it sussed.
iv added 3 commands 
on
off
on else off
all tested all sync and work
BACKUP YOUR DEFAULT JOYSTICK LUA 1ST!  im new to this so dont 100% know i havnt fucked something up
then add these lines under the landing light line
{down = device_commands.Button_5, cockpit_device_id  = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, name = _('Landing Light Switch ON ALT'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},
{down = device_commands.Button_5, cockpit_device_id  = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Landing Light Switch OFF ALT'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},
{down = device_commands.Button_5, up = device_commands.Button_5, cockpit_device_id  = devices.NAVLIGHT_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Landing Light Switch ON else OFF ALT'), category = _('Ins Collective Stick')},

i tested them using momentary pushbuttons and toggle switches, if you just want 1 single way toggle switch then bind on else off
if you want 2 single toggle switches or momemtary buttons then bind on then bind off (i named them alt just so i know which 1s ive added in) 

ps you cant bind keyboard buttons to that, let me know if you want that too and il add that if i can, i GUESS you just add those lines into the keyboard lua too but im not sure so i aint messing yet! 

Edited by eatthis
  • Like 2