NO LONGER AVAILABLE Trial/Teaser UH-1 Huey Campaign

SorelRo

Hello everyone, 

I'm in the final stages of creating a new campaign for the UH-1 Huey, This happens in the same scenario like the Battle of Krasnodar and Black Sea Resolve. It's 1979 and it's the last time Huey is going to be deployed. This is the first mission the deployment from a ship to your FARP base.

Please have a look at this mission, give it a try and let me know if you have any feedback, cargo operation is needed and also a bit of night time flying and adverse weather, otherwise it's all a milk run. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Cpq-lXqdKZZIr0Wsgv4P3rZT1c0kA8VG?usp=sharing

Any feedback would be appreciated. 

Cheers,  

Edited by SorelRo
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2022 at 7:57 AM, SorelRo said:

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Maybe it's just me and I'd forgotten the startup sequence since I couldn't get the chopper started. Then I noticed that the fuel gauge reads zero. But rearm/refuel or repair options don't have an effect. (On latest open beta as of Nov 2nd 2022)

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

• SorelRo changed the title to NO LONGER AVAILABLE Trial/Teaser UH-1 Huey Campaign
On 11/4/2022 at 12:11 AM, SorelRo said:

There should be plenty of fuel. The missions is designed to have you 20 minutes of fuel left as you get close to the base. Try an autostart if you think you may have messed your startup procedure  

Thanks, I've managed the start now - I guess I hadn't opened the throttle fully before starting the engine. 🫡

It's a very enjoyable mission, a bit challenging with the tight takeoff space in the dark and the high external load and wind. The rich voice overs add a lot of atmosphere, as well as time of the day and weather you've chosen. I liked it very much! 

I finished on second attempt, crashed the cargo in my first try setting it down 🙂 I imagine that it could be a bit difficult for a first campaign mission for pilots with little experience. I have 100+ hours in the Huey and about 70 in the Hip, just to provide a relation.

I'm looking forward to the complete campaign, I'll certainly buy it like your Tiger and Harrier campaigns.

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

Thanks a lot, yes, this is not a training campaign, operating at the limit, using ground effect to take off with heavy loads will be required, it's a fun campaign overall. I have a few missions to tweak the voices and so on and then I will submit it to ED. 

• Like 2