Landing Gear Lever Module

Bob1943

• 3 months later...
On 10/1/2022 at 11:14 PM, Bob1943 said:

I'd you ever get it? If so, how do you like it. 

Was looking for something exactly like this, or building one myself for VR purposes. 

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

Never did order it.  It looked a little too small.  I really wanted a little larger piece of hardware to grab ahold of.  Plus, it looked like you had to pull the lever out each time before you moved it up or down.

Surprised there are not more hardware options out there for landing gear operation.

I'll keep looking and post back if I find anything else.

11 hours ago, No1sonuk said:

The pull is a feature on real one's so it doesn't get moved by jolts, etc.

Airbus levers also have an electronic interlock.

Is there a reason why you can't build what you want?

Unfortunately, building that type of device doesn't fall within any of my skill sets.

Don't recall any of the USAF fighters that I flew back in the late 60s-early 70s (F-111, F-100, A-37) having any type of mechanical lock on the landing gear handle, as far as I remember, it was simply an up & down lever.  Don't know if the Gen 4 and up fighters have any kind of mechanical lock on the landing gear lever or not.

8 hours ago, Bob1943 said:

Unfortunately, building that type of device doesn't fall within any of my skill sets.

Don't recall any of the USAF fighters that I flew back in the late 60s-early 70s (F-111, F-100, A-37) having any type of mechanical lock on the landing gear handle, as far as I remember, it was simply an up & down lever.  Don't know if the Gen 4 and up fighters have any kind of mechanical lock on the landing gear lever or not.

It varies. If you watch the animation in the cockpit you can see that some are pulled out before moving.

I also had a look for a lever. Most are 3D printed, even some of the quite expensive ones, and I don't feel this is a good material choice. The only ones I found that weren't were commercial style levers which isn't what I wanted.

If you don't want to make something then take a look at the panel from virpil which has a sizable landing gear lever. Might be what you're looking for. Winwing also have a panel with a landing gear lever but it's much smaller.

vpc-402_09.jpg

Edited by Scott-S6