ON F/A-18, VAICOM TX3 and TX4 disabled when entering mission

Razor18

Hi Gents,

some weird phenomenon happens with VAICOM all the time.

I start up Voice Attack and VAICOM before starting up DCS. Testing TX1, 2, 3 and 4, both Voice Attack and VAICOM recognizes them all. See screenshot.

Everything stays fine until I press "Fly" button, then on VAICOM config window, TX3 and TX4 disappears from possible TX buttons.

Voice Attack still sees them in the listening window, but VAICOM only sees and transmits on TX 1 and 2. See picture.

Then when I exit the mission, TX3 comes back. No screenshot from that though...

I don't know what can cause this...

VA VAICOM pre game.JPG

VA VAICOM before flight.JPG

Edited by Razor18

F/A-18 only has two radios. That's why.
In the Warthog you'll have three.
TX1-3, radios.
TX4, some auto thing I've never tried, for saving buttons on your HOTAS.
TX5, ICS/intercom, will show up in applicable modules, sans Hind/Hip IIRC.
TX6, reserved for future use, but can be used if configured for ordinary VoiceAttack commands, without invoking any radio.

Don't remember what page in the manual this is described.

Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Razor18 said:

But then how can I use the two MIDS in the F-18?

Turn the Mode switch from NORML to MULTI and they all will be available.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Just to clarify, I think they are two different things. I think MULTI position does not say it is supporting MULTIplayer (vs you said it doesnt support MP at all), it rahter says you have MULTIple radios instead of nomal (type specific numbers of) radios available. And if it will work in single player, then probably it will work also in multi, as multiplayer.

Hope I wasn't confusing, just stating (and clarifying) the obvious rather... 😇 Again, thanks for both of ya !

Of course I will test it before saying anything more...

Edited by Razor18
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, sthompson said:

Turn the Mode switch from NORML to MULTI and they all will be available.

Well, it does not work. Even if I turn selector knob to MULTI, the moment I enter even just a single player F/A-18C instant mission (Ready at the Ramp), VAICOM disables TX3 and TX4. This is the apparent reason from the VAICOM manual, page 14:

"TX1-TX3: For DCS aircraft with multiple MIC hotkeys, the plugin maps the available aircraft radios to TX1-TX3. If less than three radios are available for the current aircraft, one or more of these TX nodes will be disabled."

Even if I have 4 radio PTT buttons set in SRS, and if I check SRS mapping and SRS Integration on the MP tab in VAICOM config window just to try it, VAICOM still does not let me use more than 2 radios.

Thank for trying to help though.

• Like 1