Unable to switch seats with HOTAS

Smashy

With the latest OB patch 2.7.18.30765, it seems I'm unable to change seats with any joystick/throttle binds.  The keyboard binds work just fine.

I also notice that there are now duplicate control entries for these binds.  Note that the keyboard column is grayed out for one pair of duplicates and the joystick column is grayed out for the other pair.  Anyone else running into the same problem?

image.png

Edited by Smashy
  • Like 2

+1

It's the same with the stable version since the last update. Until today, I thought that the OB was used to spot the issues and to prevent to duplicate them in the stable version.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

• 5 weeks later...

Found the fix.  The problem was caused by differences in the default.lua files in the following locations:

[DCS basedir]/Mods/aircraft/Uh-1H/Input/UH-1H/joystick

[DCS basedir]/Mods/aircraft/Uh-1H/Input/UH-1H/keyboard

I made some changes to [DCS basedir]/Mods/aircraft/Uh-1H/Input/UH-1H/joystick/default.lua and can now switch seats via HOTAS button assignments.  Make a backup copy of this file first just in case.  Find the following lines and comment them out (prepend '--' to the line).  It should look like this:

--{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.HEAD_WRAPPER, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Set Pilot Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},
--{down = device_commands.Button_2, cockpit_device_id = devices.HEAD_WRAPPER, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Set Operator Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},
--{down = device_commands.Button_3, cockpit_device_id = devices.HEAD_WRAPPER, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Set Right Gunner Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},
--{down = device_commands.Button_4, cockpit_device_id = devices.HEAD_WRAPPER, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Set Left Gunner Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},

Add the following lines:

{down = iCommandViewCockpitChangeSeat, value_down = 1, name = _('Set Pilot Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},
{down = iCommandViewCockpitChangeSeat, value_down = 2, name = _('Set Operator Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},
{down = iCommandViewCockpitChangeSeat, value_down = 3, name = _('Set Left Gunner Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},
{down = iCommandViewCockpitChangeSeat, value_down = 4, name = _('Set Right Gunner Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},

The orange warnings and duplicates are also gone from the control binding page.  This appears to work so far but I'm not sure if it'll break anything else or violate IC.  If it works for you, save the modified files in safe place or the next update will clobber them.  Alternatively, you should be able to recover them from the most recent [DCS basedir]/_backup* that gets created after an update.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2023 at 5:15 AM, OneShotTC said:

Tried to implement this fix, but won't work unfortunately.

Still have the entries for the 4 different seats in Orange and each of them double. 

Hopefully this will be fixed by ED somewhen down the road.

Odd.  I made the suggested change and it worked perfectly. 

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Smashy,

BOOM!

Your LUA file mod works a treat. My Gunners are back..GET SOME !

All,
You have to use Notepad ++ ( Free download off the net) and backup the file.Call it OriginalUH1.Lua or something.
THIS file is in your DCS root install. Not c:\savedgames.....\mods

Prepend means Add.  Yup my limited vocab' I had to look it up.

So open in Notepad ++ and find 

{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.HEAD_WRAPPER, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Set Pilot Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},

Then prepend (add) -- to the start of the line to look like
--{down = device_commands.Button_1, cockpit_device_id = devices.HEAD_WRAPPER, value_down = 0.0, name = _('Set Pilot Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},
Repeat for the other 3 lines.

Then paste & copy below ( you can leave a few blank lines in between if you choose.

{down = iCommandViewCockpitChangeSeat, value_down = 1, name = _('Set Pilot Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},
{down = iCommandViewCockpitChangeSeat, value_down = 2, name = _('Set Operator Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},
{down = iCommandViewCockpitChangeSeat, value_down = 3, name = _('Set Left Gunner Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},
{down = iCommandViewCockpitChangeSeat, value_down = 4, name = _('Set Right Gunner Seat'), category = _('View Cockpit')},

Save as default.lua

When you open DCS and UH1 the orange options are gone and you have nice mapping option for whatever HOTAS keybind.

Genius !!

• 2 weeks later...