IHADSS Boresighting - circles stay concentric. Bug ?

Jel
Go to solution Solved by Raptor9,

So some ppl including me came across this weird issue since latest update 2.7.18.30765

When boresighting IHADSS, the circles should both move afaik, to be alligned concentric by the pilot in order to set.

Currently, both circles stay concentric when moving, instead the pair moves as whole.

Has anything changed that i´m missing or is this considered a bug ?  

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

• ED Team

Hi, 

we are looking to improve the boresight please consider it work in progress for now. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 2 Minuten schrieb BIGNEWY:

Hi, 

we are looking to improve the boresight please consider it work in progress for now. 

thank you

I posted because it WAS working ever since, nothing about missing improvements.

I guess i´ll take this as a "yes it´s a bug" 

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

This new implementation is not really a "bug" per se, as it was discussed that the previous implementation was not totally correct either.  Just a different approach that is still being worked on.

It would be nice if there was a video/picture/illustration of the real thing to understand this mystical phenomenon...

Edited by Floyd1212

• ED Team
40 minutes ago, Jel said:

I posted because it WAS working ever since, nothing about missing improvements.

I guess i´ll take this as a "yes it´s a bug" 

yes something seems to have changed, and looks like a bug but isnt, we have improvements coming 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
  • Solution

In this post: I show an image of how the reticle should appear:

As BigNewy stated, there are improvements coming. Namely, the "projection effect" within the BRU tube itself. The reticle itself is correct, however, in that it is displayed as a singular reticle image. 

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have noticed that also the pilot and co-pilot default viewpoints are a bit off, and also will not boresight night vision properly, i.e. CPG viewpoint is off too much offset towards port side.

This works perfect with current boresighting process (non-TrackIR and TrackIR users). Here, temporarily fixed both for you 😉

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer