What airfields will be modeled in Normandy 2 ?

TheSkipjack95

1 hour ago, Fred901 said:

I calculated the number of airfields on the channel map (12 airfields) and on the normandy map (38 airfields): that makes 50 airfields!

We'll see...

I read the Newsletter, but it is not clear to me that Normandy 2 will actually include the whole Channel map area, I understood that it covers a greater area than Normandy 1944, but not that it intersects over the area of The Channel map.

Edited by Rudel_chw
typo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

17 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I read the Newsletter, but it is not clear to me that Normandy 2 will actually include the whole Channel map area, I understood that it covers a greater area than Normandy 1944, but not that it intersects over the area of The Cannel map.

Ok,i hope they add more RAF airfields as well as French ones like Orly Air Base as well as the cities of Portsmouth and Southampton.

44 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

but it is not clear to me that Normandy 2 will actually include the whole Channel map area

The Channel map has only the south outskirt of London but the Norm2 will cover London and the surrounding areas. So the math should be easy -- the new version covers both and beyond.

It does not hurt to wait for more details.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

50 airfields for such a large area is not much! There were at least three times as many! Moreover, I hope that there will be no more generic airfields like on the normandy 1 map but rather airfields reproduced as faithfully as possible...

I know, I'm dreaming ... LOL !

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheSkipjack95 said:

As the title says, wondering what airfields will be part of the expansion/redo of Normandy.

For me it will be one I am interest in, the one and only, angled deck. 

Yes. I will fly modern stuff on WW2 map 😉 ever seen I saw The Final Countdown as a little boy times ago, I don't have the issue in DCS doing that...

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

1 hour ago, tempusmurphy said:

Would love to see North Weald... completely selfish reasons ... I live about 3 miles from it 😁 

Give us the precise coordinates and we can deliver your package from hell to your doorstep

• Like 2

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

On 10/8/2022 at 3:49 AM, Gierasimov said:

For me it will be one I am interest in, the one and only, angled deck. 

Yes. I will fly modern stuff on WW2 map 😉 ever seen I saw The Final Countdown as a little boy times ago, I don't have the issue in DCS doing that...

One of my guilty pleasures is wrecking Panzer convoys in my Ka-50 on the Channel Map. Fun is where you find it. 😁

I wonder if this map will have a newer better fancier Biggin Hill? Would love to see a few select airfields given some special attention for textures and object placement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!