DCS Bios Com Missing Help Please

Kenpilot

I'm trying to use DCS BIOS with several USB cables and all but one is saying Com MIssing. I've got auto connect selected and I've tried different USB ports and different USB cables but they won't connect. I know the computer is talking to the USB port because each time I plug in the USB cable, it recognizes it and says "Setting up device" and then "Device is ready to use." I've restarted DCS BIOS, I've re-started the computer, but no help. Anybody have any other ideas? Thanks! 

I looked in my pc device manager and it only has the com port that dcs bios has connected, no other com ports are listed. I'm looking to see how to show those as I'm sure that's probably one of my issues. If anyone has any fixes or can help in the meantime, please feel free! 

Edited by Kenpilot

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

Can you give a bit more info about your setup? Hard to make any suggestions if we don’t know what is connected to what, Arduino, FlightPanels, switches, power supply, etc. what is DCSBIOS being used for, and how implemented? Which branch of DCSBIOS?

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

@Kenpilot:

If you can connect your devices individually to different ports, it's likely to be a power issue.

If you're running through a USB hub, make sure it's powered externally from the computer.  You might be putting too much strain on the USB port power supply.

Are all the devices the same type?

e.g. all Nanos or all Unos, etc. If they are, try one of a different type and see if you can get two to connect. Even a different source of the same device might help.

If that works, you have a USB ID conflict that will be hard, if not impossible, to fix.

Thanks everyone for your help! I looked in my device manager and initially all of my COM ports were missing, minus the one that was actually connecting in DCS BIOS. I went ahead and added them manually using the Add Legacy Hardware function, but now those that I added have the dreaded yellow exclamation mark next to them. I tried updating the drivers but it keeps telling me the latest driver is installed. I'm getting a Code 34 and it says "Windows Cannot Determine the Settings for This Device" . When I researched a fix for this error code, it says you have to set up the COMP port manually. I'm not sure how to do that and I can't find anything so far to help me with that. Any one have any clue how to set up a COM port manually? Thank you!!

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir