Normandy 2 map & my campaigns

Reflected

Everything you wanted to know about the Normandy 2 update, compatibility and my campaigns:

TL; DR:

Normandy 1 campaigns  -> Heavily updated missions, playable on both Normandy 1.5 and 2, whether or not you update. (you should! 🙂 )

Channel campaigns -> Playable on the Channel map

Marianas Campaigns -> Playable on the Marianas map

Nevada Campaigns -> Playable on the Nevada map

Caucasus Campaigns - > You get the idea.

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5

8 hours ago, Reflected said:

I hope this video answers all your questions. Initial thoughts and speculation:

It would of course be a dream to have campaigns from the two maps work on the one new one. But I understand you can't work yourself to death to remake 90  or 100% of a campaign for no money (I honestly don't know how you make it work for the price you take) you spend up to a year to make a campaign and sell them for 10-15  bucks.

I'm curious how many copies of the campaigns you sell. I mean it must be quite a bit for it all to be worth it.

Edited by Gunfreak
  • Like 4

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

The info we got before the FAQ and the info we got after the FAQ appears to be disagreeing. We were first told that 2.0 was an optional upgrade, and that Normandy 1944 campaigns as well as MP fliers who only have 1944 campaigns will be unaffected (multiple comments by PR managers on /r/hoggit stating such). Now in the FAQ we're being told that it is a different map, and that Normandy 1944 campaigns/missions are not compatible?

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, pachuco70 said:

Saw the GR preview look at the Normandy 2 map...and WOW!  I would purchase your campaigns again if you ever decided to port them over...😉  I understand that it would be an almost impossible task to do...but we can dream!

I will, the Normandy 1 campaigns, that is. But not the Channel map, Marianas, Nevada, etc...campaigns 😉

• Thanks 3

***UPDATE***

The update to my 3 Normandy campaigns somehow didn't make it into today's patch. ED is aware and are looking into a solution. For the time being, just enjoy the new scenery, and try to fly under the Eiffel tower and the Arc the Triomphe. The overhauled campaigns should be coming soon!

• Like 8

Which campaigns are currently work on Normandy 2? Part is for Channel, but part was for Normandy'44. 🙂

Example form ED store (so I don't really know if the current versions already work or not? After all, I don't have N'44 anymore):

image.png

Can you name them? Maybe I don't have one, I have to check (maybe can you add it to the first post) :)?

Edit. Okay, I have the answer about compatibility above. So the update is ready but we are waiting.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just watched your video, now its clear for me. Thank You!

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Btw. about campaignes that are happening in the area of Normandy 2.0:

P-51D: The Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney Campaign
Bf 109 K-4 Jagdflieger Campaign
Spitfire IX The Big Show Campaign

You can did discount now, the same like is for all WWII fighters in connection with the release of N 2.0. Looks like I have all. 🙂

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Great news, ED pushed a hotfix patch today including the massive updates to my 3 Normandy campaigns: Blue Nose Bastards, The Big Show and Jagdflieger. Now you can enjoy them over the new Normandy map both if you updated to 2, and if you haven’t. (But you totally should, in order to enjoy such views). Thank you for your patience and support. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I see it, good news! :thumbup:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Hey Reflected, with the new campaign updates do you think it is okay to turn on "Wake Turbulence" now?  I know you did not recommend it before for most systems.

I have a mid-level system (3060ti, 32 gigs of ram, I5-12600k).   

@Reflected can you do, or maybe you have something ike this - "demo" some mission with typical quantity of bombers (even if I remember it was in the menu at the beginning of the mission?). Maybe it could be good idea to check how it works now for ST and MT version so as to choose the right version to start the campaign? Just idea but it cold be an benchmark for people thinking about it?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

53 minutes ago, YoYo said:

@Reflected can you do, or maybe you have something ike this - "demo" some mission with typical quantity of bombers (even if I remember it was in the menu at the beginning of the mission?). Maybe it could be good idea to check how it works now for ST and MT version so as to choose the right version to start the campaign? Just idea but it cold be an benchmark for people thinking about it?

It's not just the bombers but all the AI, and the round units, statics...I recommend going with the 'full' version, and only reduce formation sizes if it gets really bad but that's not likely.

Excellent. I'm replaying Epsom now. Fantastic campaigns the first time through and I'm really enjoying seeing the new map for my go-around.

RANT - unrelated to Reflected's wonderful campaigns.

I'm fed up with the AI. What is intelligent, artificial or otherwise, about ramming your wing/section leader? On take off or on landing I mean. Collisions in a furball are an expected hazard. But why would your wingman take off barely a couple of metres behind you, and if for some reason (like maybe it's the recommended procedure in a spit) you're not maxing out the throttle, or perhaps wind causes you to drift a little to the right, the wingman doesn't try to avoid... no, they just ram from behind. And if I don't tell them to stay the f away when landing, they try to land in formation, even if that means they land into a building. Surely a formation landing is something you would specifically have to ask for, not as a default?

I'm at the stage where I don't care about them. I'll leave them to be picked off alone if they can't get away from bandits (unless there's a safe opportunity to get a kill, I'm not risking my virtual life for those arseholes). I don't even care if they run out of fuel, in fact -it means I can land unmolested for a change. I actually hate my artificial comrades more than I can ever hate the enemy - I expect the enemy to try to kill me, it's their job. 

It seems traditional now to hate tankers when learning to fly modern jets and I would prefer it if the buggers would let me know when they're about to enter a turn but at least that's a sin of omission. The warbird AI (when flying from behind you, I should add) actively rams or, if you try to avoid a ram, pushes you into a tree or somesuch. AI tanker pilots may be stupid but they're not malevolent.

Don't get me started on Spitfire low climb speed. But at least I can make allowances for that fairly easily.

RANT OVER

Once I'm in the air, and if I remember to tell the bastards to hold position while I land, I'm really enjoying the Epsom campaign a second time.

I've refrained from flying your campaigns, even though I have downloaded most, because of the stupid AI in DCS. Some of those issues have been fixed and so now I have booted up Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney again. 

Loved what I got myself into.

Regrettably, shortly after starting the hard climb in Mission 2, I lost visual on the lead formation after getting above the clouds, and my flight lost me. Kept to compass directions and followed the flight plan. At Cherbourg, Saw my lead group far ahead and continued and listened to the contact information.

Getting to the contested area, I could not find the bandits. Seems they were down low and I was at 20,000 ft. 

Is there any way to have comms from Transport Lead give out altitude of the contacts?

That would help a great deal.

Notwithstanding that, I managed to bag one and also extend back to Bodney successfully. Loved the mission, I felt throughly emersed.

Thanks for all your hard work Reflected.

Cheers,

Cats . . . . 

Edited by Catseye

@Reflected You kindly updated some of your campaign missions to enjoy the Channel map after it was released.

Now that you've updated your campaigns for Normandy 2, do you recommend using the mixed Normandy + Channel campaign, or just the updated Normandy?

Edited by DimSim