Normandy 2 map & my campaigns

Reflected

@Catseye well, the player is supposed to follow the lead flight, so spotting the bandits should be easy - just follow Meyer 🙂 Complex scripted missions can have hundreds of trigger lines already, I'd need to add a 100 more to cover all 'what if' scenarios, like what if the player can't join up, or gets lost, etc...things that are not supposed to happen. In missions where there is an AI lead, it's key to stick with them.

@DimSim I'd still recommend using the mixed version, because  the Channel map has the historically correct airfields for that squadron and Normandy doesn't.

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2023 at 11:49 PM, DimSim said:

The 'Spitfire IX The Big Show' campaign includes a Channel map mixed version (of the campaign), where 5/12 missions use Channel instead of Normandy map.

Are you sure? https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/spitfire_the_big_show/

Requirements:

DCS: Spitfire LF Mk. IX
DCS: Normandy 1944 Map or DCS: Normandy 2.0 Map

no any word on the Channel map.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Key word here is requirement. 

You can fly the whole campaign without the Channel map.

However, should you own both maps, a more historically accurate version uses Channel map in some missions.

You will get two campaigns in the game selection screen.

• Like 3

Details:

Asus Z-170E, Intel i5-6600K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM

MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G

Win 10 Home

Hi, pls check this topic, TY:

Maybe campaignes over N'2.0 need the thext patch?

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

24 minutes ago, Reflected said:

It was answered in the same thread:

But I havent any problem with using of radio, the problem is that there are different frequencies on the new Normandy 2.0 map, fore example od the D channel is different freq that on this airfield (119.00 Chailey vs 118.9 in Mustang) so cant ask for permission for start etc., you cant contact with ATC simply.

It was noticed in the same topic:

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Just now, YoYo said:

But I havent any problem with using of radio, the problem is that there are different frequencies on the new Normandy 2.0 map, fore example od the D channel is different freq that on this airfield (119.00 Chailey vs 118.9 in Mustang) so cant as for permission for start etc., so you cant contact with ATC.

Ah, that one! I reacted to the original post.

Also answered in the same thread:

Another report:

• Thanks 1

Good to know, Thank You!

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Starting at Mission 5, the wingmen wont take off.  I think its due to map changes.  There are barrels in the runway, and infantry runs and stands there.  It does this in the next mission also.  Love the campaign so far.

OK, that's very strange because I don't see anything like that. To me it sounds like you're running the updated missions on the old map or the old missions on the new map. Can you post a screenshot of the starting position, zoomed out a bit so I can see the environment? Also, please open mission 1, at the end of the briefing there is an 8 digit number. What is that number? Cheers.

I own some of your campaign missions and i consider to buy some more.

Thank you for updating them to Normandy 2. Love it.

Just one question.

Is it possible to add two types of skins for German ac? One with and one without historical tail markings. So the choice is on the players side.

Thank you

• Like 2

8 hours ago, breigle said:

Starting at Mission 5, the wingmen wont take off.  I think its due to map changes.  There are barrels in the runway, and infantry runs and stands there.  It does this in the next mission also.  Love the campaign so far.

Btw. This is a topic about not specific campaign, you have separate corner for each Reflected’s capaigne.

45 minutes ago, LcSummers said:

Just one question.

Is it possible to add two types of skins for German ac? One with and one without historical tail markings. So the choice is on the players side.

Thank you

Good idea, as separate download for example?

• Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

2 hours ago, LcSummers said:

I own some of your campaign missions and i consider to buy some more.

Thank you for updating them to Normandy 2. Love it.

Just one question.

Thank you

Thanks for your support, I'm glad you like them. As for the options/ versions, see point 4 here:

Also:

BTW you can easily change the skin on your own using the 'rearm' window on mission start. I'm all for historical markings, but unfortunately it's legally not allowed to sell games containing those in some countries so my hands are tied 😞

Edited by Reflected
  • Like 2