UPCOMING UH-1 CAMPAIGN / STORM FRONT by Low Level Heaven

CHPL

image.png

Our first video for the upcoming UH-1 campaign STORM FRONT is now online and for the time being, exclusively linked via HELISIMMER.COM for 1 week.

HELSISIMMER is a great website dedicated exclusively to helicopter simulators. Please take the opportunity and support the site. We helicopter pilots are a very small group of simulator pilots and can use all the support we can get.

Oh and yes, if you like the video don't forget to like it, and please subscribe to our YouTube channel DCS Helicopter flight training. We are after years close to the magic 1000 subscriber threshold after which YouTubes algorithms perceive us.

If you think the video sucks, please don't hold back with negative likes and bad comments. This also helps.

https://www.helisimmer.com/news/low-level-heaven-shows-campaign-dcs-huey-storm-front

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Always happy landings ;)

tbh, I didn't learn anything about this campaign other than it continues a story about a campaign I haven't played. Played 3 Huey campaigns to completion (UN/MAD/Par.Lost) and do enjoy Huey campaigns, but I'd focus a trailer more about what your campaign has to offer and what the story is about. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

@trevoC

Hello and thank you for your post.

First of all, this is not a trailer.

The campaign is work in progress and the video first serves to show everyone who knows SPRING 2025 that they can expect even more immersion than before. I hope you have noticed in these first 10 minutes that the missions are different in complexity from anything you have flown in Huey campaign so far.
(Unfortunately, only a few people really watch the videos in their entirety and therefore do not notice many things).

Info about the current campaign SPRING 2025 can be found here in the forum.

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/273-low-level-heaven/

There you can see, among other things, that the campaign is kept up to date with a lot of effort. There is no such thing as an OLD CAMPAIGN. :weight_lift_2:

Especially I recommend the thread "worst-camp-ever" so you don't get any bad surprises.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/213625-worst-camp-ever/page/2/#comment-4530029

On our official You Tube channel 
https://www.youtube.com/c/DCSHelicopterflighttrainingbyGrizzly
you can also find the trailer for SPRING 2025.

Unfortunately the worst trailer ever. :punch:

Of course, I would be happy if you would try SPRING 2025 as a foretaste of STORMFRONT and give me your feedback.

You can get quick help here and in the forum or on our DISCORD.

I am looking forward to your experiences with my way of building missions.

Always happy landings :thumbup:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

Gonna get this of course. Loved the first one. 

Hopefully all voice actors will be different for each role, and have the relevant national accents. American ATC in Georgia sounds wrong and is in-immersive. 

Please don't the let the "insurgents", or whatever the enemy in the first one was supposed to be, be Ukrainian. At least they flew Ukrainian colors and was reported as Ukrainian in the post-mission reports. I hope you consider to actually change that in Spring 2025.

Apart from this I really really liked it! 

Cheers! 

• Like 1

@MAXsenna

Voice actors were one of the biggest problems of the past and still are.
In STORMFRONT there will be even more dialogues and characters.
Therefore, since the last update for SPRING 2025, we have been increasingly using computer voices, which we post-process with great effort, as we achieve much better results with them than with most voice actors.
This also gives us much more flexibility and facilitates changes and adjustments in the creation of missions and also in later updates.

• Like 1

Always happy landings ;)

@MAXsenna
Voice actors were one of the biggest problems of the past and still are.
In STORMFRONT there will be even more dialogues and characters.
Therefore, since the last update for SPRING 2025, we have been increasingly using computer voices, which we post-process with great effort, as we achieve much better results with them than with most voice actors.
This also gives us much more flexibility and facilitates changes and adjustments in the creation of missions and also in later updates.
Thank you for your reply!
It makes sense, so I'll put it my wish box.
Nevertheless, I'm really looking forward to the campaign, and it will be a first day purchase!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

After flying the first campaign (except the night RPM trees mission), I can vouch for this campaign if its as CHPL says. 

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 5 weeks later...

DCS UH-1 CAMPAIGN / STORM FRONT - Preview 3   :punk:

It is not without reason that the requirements for training and obtaining a license are exceptionally high when it comes to instrument flying.

Flying and navigating by instruments is one of aviation's most demanding and dangerous things.

Still true today when many things are automated and computer-controlled. So all these things we don't have in our UH-1.

Mission 8 in the upcoming STORM FRONT Campaign is probably the dumbest idea ever.

The mission requires flying by instrument rules from start to finish.  :suspect:

• Like 2

Always happy landings ;)

• 9 months later...
vor 4 Stunden schrieb MADLOU1:

Trailers?

Oh never mind I found it! Looks good!  Only issue I have is no ability to autostart.  

The UH-1 start procedure is straightforward, and besides the checklist on the kneeboard, your commander will guide you through it.
Also, the start procedure controls many things in the environment, which is why it is crucial in the Missions.

You will see if you get used to it; it is also fun and essential to the immersion.  I am sure if you have a driver's license and a car, you know how to start the engine ort to boot the Computer in the case of a TESLA.  😉

If nothing else helps, visit us at the Black Angels for usual instruction. But besides that, everybody is welcome to join the squad. :thumbsup::pilotfly:

Edited by CHPL
  • Like 1

Always happy landings ;)

I like having the ability to autostart as repeating the same steps again and again at some point just gets boring.

This in combination with speeding up time during autostart also brings me much faster to what I really want - and this is simply flying 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jetsimace said:

I like having the ability to autostart as repeating the same steps again and again at some point just gets boring.

This in combination with speeding up time during autostart also brings me much faster to what I really want - and this is simply flying 😉

I agree 100 % with this.  I will have to give this campaign a pass. 

vor 6 Stunden schrieb MADLOU1:

I agree 100 % with this.  I will have to give this campaign a pass. 

This is precisely why we clearly highlight these circumstances. 
On the one hand, we want to avoid you spending money on it and then being disappointed or frustrated. :crash:
On the other hand, far more than 1,000 hours of work go into such a campaign. Especially the start-up controlled stuff is always a headache until everything is running smoothly. To then take criticism at the end because not all expectations can be met..... :dunno:

I personally and also some others see now once the simulation in the Fordergrund, this with fast and simple play to combine, succeed to me only very limited.
In any case, I am very grateful for your opinion, because possibly once a campaign with the emphasis on the game factor.
And of course, there are and will be more fun campaigns from colleagues in the future. Paradise Lost, for example, creates a great atmosphere between takeoff and landing.

Secretly, I hope you are curious enough to try it.   :worthy: Maybe not immediately upon release, but maybe after 24 months of the sale.
Because such a cold start with waiting for release is 5 of at least 45 minutes and not always, we will often relieve you of a lot of work, so you can concentrate on flying. This is called Crew Management and must not be missing in a good SIMULATION. 

In addition, we make further efforts to avoid possible frustrating repetitions. So, missions are split; for the hardcore pilots, the complete mission is available in one piece.

I hope you understand that at my age, you can especially enjoy the moments when you can sit back for a moment, have a sip of coffee, beer, or water, and light up a cigarette. Watching the hustle and bustle and letting God be a nice man.

• Like 3

Always happy landings ;)

4 hours ago, CHPL said:

I hope you understand that at my age, you can especially enjoy the moments when you can sit back for a moment, have a sip of coffee, beer, or water, and light up a cigarette. 

That's my problem. I'm close to 70 years old.  By the time I go through the startup procedure of any of these modules, I will need a nap! LOL

• Like 1

vor 8 Stunden schrieb MADLOU1:

That's my problem. I'm close to 70 years old.  By the time I go through the startup procedure of any of these modules, I will need a nap! LOL

I use the pause button for that, and my dog wakes me up before I slide out of the chair.  :bye:

The way is the goal.

The art lies in threading and not in the speed of the sewing machine.:smoke:

Edited by CHPL
  • Like 1

Always happy landings ;)

vor 6 Stunden schrieb kotor633:

I'll repeat my request from a few months ago: please start a campaign for the Mi-24P. Or, now, for the gazelle. :worthy:

Unfortunately, the Gazell does not work for me. Camera Slave is a mess.  Mi 24P may be an alternative, but I am also thinking about the Mi-8.
In secret I hope for the BO-105, but that will not happen soon.  We will see how 2.9 works for the Gazelle.

Always happy landings ;)