RTX 4090 benchmarks! if anyone finds any, please post here!

1: Lot's of games are still single core... and for a reason.
2: I play (almost) on top high settings, i just don't chase FPS but put a cap on it, gives me some nice headroom to crank it up.
3: Do you really need them?
4: Honestly, for the last year i do nothing else. For the cut in framerate, just look at how many units (AI and real life ones) there are compared to single player. And then that extra headroom comes in real handy.
5: What are you still doing here then?

PS: And since you seem to be the smart ass knowing it all, a solicitation perhaps at their headquarters to point their noses in the right direction?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

On 10/9/2022 at 10:42 AM, hannibal said:

lots of 4090 benchmarks videos out there.. but havent seen any for DCS.. anyone that runs into any.. please share!

Sorry, duplicated post 🙂

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

vor 5 Minuten schrieb AirMeister:

2x msaa instead of 4x 
And what is supersampling setting in steam VR or OpenX ? 

45 fps while looking at blue sky in empty mission. 

Amazing. 

Maybe you should do some reading on Motion Reprojection and its practical use - this will probably allow you to contribute in a constructive way here.

Edited by DerKlausi

1 hour ago, AirMeister said:

Just imagine , in 2022 , DCS actually using more than 1 cpu core. 
Or , do i even dare to dream.... about features like DLSS 

DLSS3 frame interpolation does not support VR. DLSS2 looks good in marketing materials but in reality it reduces instruments readability. Good for typical games, not so great for flightsims.

Besides, Msfs runs even worse in VR than DCS. It's simply more demanding on hardware and there's not much headroom for increased vr requirements.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

16 minutes ago, AirMeister said:

I don't see how it helps to say "well in this specific situation this feature would not help" , as an excuse for DCS still not being multicore , or not have DLSS, or FSR, raytracing, or anything at all. Still single core on such a cpu heavy game ? Come on man there's no excuse. 

And i'm sure lots of people would appreciate the choice of enabling DLSS for 2x the fps, at the cost of (in some specific cases) a few % less 'instrument readability'. 

And MSFS does not run 'worse', it runs a whole lot better if you consider the graphics.  That is probably what you meant though i am hoping.  
It is able to use hardware and new driver features. 

MSFS probably has a bigger budget i am not asking for DCS to have the same features as a triple A game from a huge developer. 

But this single core nonsense is just inexcusable in 2022
The move to Vulcan is also long overdue. 

And my first fear is, that both of these planned improvements are still years away. 
My second fear is that they will be poorly implemented. 

I guess we'll find out, eventually. Maybe. 

You've made your point @AirMeister, but people come to this thread to, at some point hopefully, read about 4090 performance with DCS.

And, I don't want to "feed" you, but also:

1. Realize that it might very well be possible, that you overestimate (over-expect from) multithreading/Vulkan

2. It's Vulkan, not Vulcan...

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

36 minutes ago, BuzzU said:

Correcting spelling now? Lame.

He's telling us ED lacks skill to optimize DCS. Could at least get the names right before making such claims.

But ok fair enough, you're right I guess, just see my comment as a friendly heads-up then 😉 

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Rubber Biscuit:

For those lucky ones that got a 4090 already, the cards seem to be out of stock for now.

what is your power supply solution, did you need to upgrade and how much power are you rocking.

4090 Strix OC here, running off 4x8 pin connectors, supplied by 2x8 pin lines from my 2 year old BQT Dark Power Pro 1000. I have further OC'd the card to 3030MHz on GPU and 22000Gbps VRAM. In MSFS with VR, the GPU is drawing shy of the allowed 520W with GPU temps peaking at 60..65C.

Edited by DerKlausi

vor 14 Minuten schrieb DerKlausi:

4090 Strix OC here, running off 4x8 pin connectors, supplied by 2x8 pin lines from my 2 year old BQT Dark Power Pro 1000. I have further OC'd the card to 3030MHz on GPU and 22000Mhz VRAM. In MSFS with VR, the GPU is drawing shy of the allowed 520W with GPU temps peaking at 60..65C.

So you are saying that you pull 520w through "TWO" PCIe-cables ? It doesn't really matter if they are dual-headed or single, it remains 2x 8-wire cable.

Each cable has a rating of 150w max. You should not use the dual-head config, use 4 cables with 8 wires each, if needed, buy a new PSU. 

You run that thing way above safe limits.

just my 2 cents

Edited by BitMaster
  • Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

So you are saying that you pull 520w through "TWO" PCIe-cables ? It doesn't really matter if they are dual-headed or single, it remains 2x 8-wire cable.
Each cable has a rating of 150w max. You should not use the dual-head config, use 4 cables with 8 wires each, if needed, buy a new PSU. 

just my 2 cents
Exactly this
  • Like 1

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

vor 16 Minuten schrieb BitMaster:

just my 2 cents

LOL really? I seriously did not know that and I have been running my OC'd 3090 (~490W) with this config for almost two years now. Well, honest thanks for that and I'll look into it!

• Like 1

vor 32 Minuten schrieb BitMaster:

just my 2 cents

Ok, just checked again and have to correct what I wrote above - it's already been two years and obviously I had forgotten I had already looked into this back then. I found some notes I put down on this in 2020.

Nevertheless, please correct me if I'm wrong: the PCIe power terminals on my PSU are 12 pin each. The cables I am using are 2 Y-splitters, each with 1x12 pin on the PSU end and 2x8 pin on the GPU end. Each branch (!) of the 2 splitters runs 8 wires from the 12 pin to each of the 8 pin. So currently my GPU is supplied by 4x8 wires coming from 2x12 pin terminals. Based on the 150W rating rule, this would yield a total of 600W. What's more: the PSU manufacturer is selling a 12VHPWR adapter which has 2x12 pin connectors for the PSU terminals and 1x12 pin GPU connector, the cable is rated at 600W:

https://www.bequiet.com/de/accessories/3959

The way I see it, this should be a safe configuration. Any objections? 😉

Cheers,
DK

Those who have non Gigabyte cards, what are you using for pin adapters, since 16 pin capable psus are not yet readily available?
It seems only Gigabyte includes pin adapters with the gpu.
The GPU comes with an adapter, and you just plug the pcie cables into the adapter.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

vor 25 Minuten schrieb cordite:

Those who have non Gigabyte cards, what are you using for pin adapters, since 16 pin capable psus are not yet readily available?

It seems only Gigabyte includes pin adapters with the gpu.

My Asus Strix OC came with a 12 pin to 4x8 pin adapter.

52 minutes ago, DerKlausi said:

Nevertheless, please correct me if I'm wrong: the PCIe power terminals on my PSU are 12 pin each. The cables I am using are 2 Y-splitters, each with 1x12 pin on the PSU end and 2x8 pin on the GPU end. Each branch (!) of the 2 splitters runs 8 wires from the 12 pin to each of the 8 pin.

Your setup is fine, the PSU has non-standard sockets on the PSU side. Your previous post was a bit confusing and suggested you run the whole card from two PCIe 8 pin cables. 

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro