Normandy 2.0 FAQ

MAESTR0

45 minutes ago, slipstream21 said:

Any update as to the release of this now delayed product?

Normandy 2.0 has none delayed.

On 1/16/2023 at 4:33 PM, Tinman said:

What a nice and simple rectangular box. Would be a real shame if someone carved out a certain bit of it and turned it into an L-shape, wouldn't it *wink-wink-nudge-nudge*

/s

All 3rd parties has bulded rectangular map boxes, not sure now that will be diferent.

UPD 

What airfields are there in Normandy 2.0

Airfields in France

A1 Saint Pierre du Mont
A2 Cricqueville-en-Bessin
B17 Carpiquet
A12 Lignerolles
A14 Cretteville
A15 Maupertus
A16 Brucheville
A20 Lessay - оригинальны
A3 Cardonville
A4 Deux Jumeaux
A5 Chippelle
A7 Azeville
B9 Lantheuil
A17 Meautis
A21 Sainte-Laurent-sur-Mer
A24 Biniville
A6 Beuzeville
A8 Picauville
A9 Le Molay
B11 Longues-sur-Mer
B2 Bazenville
B3 Sainte-Croix-sur-Mer
B4 Beny-sur-Mer
B7 Rucqueville
B8 Sommervieu
Beauvais-Tille
Cormeilles-en-Vexin
Dinan-Trelivan
Fecamp_Benouville
Evreux
Guyancourt
Villacoublay
Saint-Andre de l Eure
Orly
Amiens_Glisy
Argentan
Avranches Le Val-Saint-Pere
Barville
Conches
Creil
Deauville
Essay
Flers
Goulet
Hauterive
Lonrai
Poix
Ronai
Rouen-Boos
Saint-Aubin
Triqueville
Vrigny
Broglie
Beaumont-le-Roger
Bernay Saint Martin

Airfields in UK
Chailey
Farnborough
Ford
Funtington
Gravesend
Heathrow
Kenley
Needs Oar Point
Tangmere
West Malling
Deanland
Friston
Lymington
Odiham
Stoney Cross

----------

screenshots here:

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

@MAESTR0 Any hope we'll fly this gorgeous map in the next openBeta update?

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

On 10/10/2022 at 11:34 AM, MAESTR0 said:

How much will it cost?

DCS: Normandy 2 will be available as a complete map for $59.99 USD with 20% off while in Early Access. If you have either DCS: Normandy 1944 or DCS: The Channel maps, you can purchase Normandy 2 for $14.99 USD. If you own both, you can purchase DCS: Normandy 2 for only $9.99 USD.

Is this statement still true? [bolded text] The newsletter today only mentioned $14.99 as the discounted price. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Those are the things that, after all the praise and kudos one has given, brings us back to upsetness and critique.

Think twice before deciding on pricing, and once you have committed to writing, stick with it.  You failed and you wanted $5 more from every user, too bad, stick with your already-published pricing!

Let's hope this is an oversight and they still plan on having that, because if not it will be the "steam F-15 pre-sale" debacle all over again.

• Like 2

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

57 minutes ago, Night Owl said:

I'll never quite understand how people can get worked up for having to pay the prize of one or two pints more for a product born from several hundred hours of developer work

I cannot speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself: it's not the amount that bothers me, it's the fact that they announced a value and then they change it upwards (obviously never downwards).  So, if you are purchasing a house and the price goes from $100.000 to $150.000 after they listed the house, would you get upset?  It is the same margin of difference here.  Literally, 50% more from what was offered.  

Yes, it's not $50.000 difference, it's $5, still, it's 50% more of what was offered to the owners of both maps.  So, for me it's not the actual value, it's the concept and margin that upsets me.  If it doesn't upset you, great.  It does upset me.

• Like 4

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

1 час назад, Night Owl сказал:

I'll never quite understand how people can get worked up for having to pay the prize of one or two pints more for a product born from several hundred hours of developer work

I can. If you already have two maps of the same region and they tell you about the advantages of the third map the same thing was said about the first map and about the second... But I don't understand how people can know what amount of money may not be important to me

Edited by Red_Pilot
  • Like 4

Let me get this right because I think the blurb just pushed out this evening by ED might have got lost in translation:

'The Normandy 2 map, which is nearing completion, will include free upgrades to the existing Normandy 1944 map. It will also be available as a single, purchasable module. Please note that those of you who already own Normandy 1944 or Channel maps, the Normandy 2 upgrade will be available for only $14.99.'

If you've already got Normandy you'll get a free upgrade covering that (existing) area; you can upgrade to the much larger Normandy 2 area that takes in The Channel and Normandy 1944 by paying $14.99?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Night Owl said:

Some of us are on a small fixed income/pension where a pint or two (what ever a pint is) can be make or break for being able to afford it.

• Like 4

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

We're in the same pitcher!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Some of us are on a small fixed income/pension where a pint or two (what ever a pint is) can be make or break for being able to afford it.
Makes you wonder how many pints the computer to run it takes.

• Like 1

I cannot speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself: it's not the amount that bothers me, it's the fact that they announced a value and then they change it upwards (obviously never downwards).  So, if you are purchasing a house and the price goes from $100.000 to $150.000 after they listed the house, would you get upset?  It is the same margin of difference here.  Literally, 50% more from what was offered.  
Yes, it's not $50.000 difference, it's $5, still, it's 50% more of what was offered to the owners of both maps.  So, for me it's not the actual value, it's the concept and margin that upsets me.  If it doesn't upset you, great.  It does upset me.
5 of 15 is 1/3 ≈ 33,3%

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Red_Pilot:

But I don't understand how people can know what amount of money may not be important to me

Well we can assume that most people here own a gaming pc, some hard ware, and maybe even a VR headset. So I think it's safe to say that most people in this community don't depend on these 5 $ 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

It just would have been much cooler to acknowledge that there was a change in the previous advertised price. Not simply to state something new, as if nothing had been said before. It's insulting to your customer base at the least and just dumb. I suspect most would just say " okay, I can understand that, thanks for being open and honest".  The people who are going to be upset  are going to be upset either way. Now it just looks sneaky. Psychology seems so lost in corporate decision making.

• Like 6

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

5 hours ago, Strider21 said:

Is this statement still true? [bolded text] The newsletter today only mentioned $14.99 as the discounted price. 

I was thinking the same thing. I own both maps. They originally state that if we already owned both it would be a smaller upgrade fee. Which I agreed with and thought was fair. But, they also may have forgotten to add the part of "if you own both". Because I was looking for the "and" part. Since already purchasing ⅔ of region. Now saying well if you only own ⅓ for small fee we give you the other ⅔. So, why should we have to pay the same upgrade amount to only get ⅓ of  what we don't have.

What will happen to existing Normandy single player campaigns? I'm guessing that'll be down to campaign developers but I'm at 356gb install size now and will need to start making some cuts. It would've been great if Channel and Normandy could have merged but given that's not what's happening I'll probably be getting rid of the original Normandy. 

Fingers crossed campaigns become compatible with Normandy 2.0 as I tend to find with upgraded modules, this can be lacking. For a primarily single player user it's not so good.

It's great that this work is being put into maps and into the WW2 portion of DCS, I'll definitely be upgrading. That being said, the WW2 portion of the game is pretty fractured having campaigns available on Normandy 1 but not Normandy 2 and having separate maps for what are almost the same area is probably going to end up limiting the success of WW2 in DCS rather than enhancing it.

Edited by Shibbyland
  • Like 1

I'm on a pension... I think I could have stretched that extra fiver though to get the map if it stayed at that price.

Still, as usual, it got put back to the original price as stated, so I don't have to live on gruel now for the next 4 weeks, lol!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

I'm on a pension... I think I could have stretched that extra fiver though to get the map if it stayed at that price.

Still, as usual, it got put back to the original price as stated, so I don't have to live on gruel now for the next 4 weeks, lol!

It's the questions from the wife, "Thought you said it was $10, and I see you paid $15 on the card... You buying hookers and blow again????" *

😉

*(not that I have bought them before mind you)

• Like 3

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron