Pls take care about FPS friendly for VR users and tests

YoYo

and give demo (trial) version from the beginning. Channel map had a problem in VR, Normandy map works great but Im affraid Marianas issue here, on Normandy 2 map (too many objects?) and Paris and London. 

Pls do the the best optimalization and better to have more FPS, than too many items which I dont see from flight due of speed or heigh.

Pretty please! 🙂

• Like 4

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, 72Stu said:

VR is more of a DCS engine issue though??

True, and units do far more to FPS/CPU bound than any cockpit or map. (And for some reason WW2 assets seem to demand more than modern asssts) that said there are map difference to performance,  Syria and Channel map demand more than Caucasus or Persian Gulf etc.

• Like 1

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 8:45 PM, YoYo said:

Channel map had a problem in VR,

It is a DCS engine problem. It cannot cope with splat textures when they start blending. Engine starts hyperventilating and CPU and GPU redlines causing massive FPS loss. 

Currently The Channel (mostly at and around the airfields and urban areas), Marianas almost entirely and SA (urban areas, airfields and handcrafted terrain) has this problem.

Just stay away from maps that uses splat textures in VR. Pancake users feel that too but they do not need to puke because of FPS tanking.