Some News on Chinese new military tech. Sorry there is no translation

PLAAF

Russia: We are designing a new variant of two seats Su-57 that can command UAV as their wingman.
China: Dude, we have done that already, our twin seat J-20 can lead 3 GJ-11 as their wingmen.

From about 11:00
They talked about new smart munition.

At about 15:00 
They showed a new type of 35mm sniper grenade launcher with a scope that has a freaking fire control which automatically calculate the trajectory and guide the grenade to achieve sniping accuracy. Obviously, it has smart munitions too. The smart munition also need the authorised user to activated. So if somehow the grenade launcher was stolen, "the thief can only use it as firewood". This remind me of that movie "Doom".

Edited by PLAAF
  • Like 2

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰

The drone controller idea is similar, the is already trying that with the single seat F-35, but it's probably only because they handed so much piloting off to the computer that the pilots got bored and needed something to do. 🙂 We'll see how this drone wingman idea works out, could be particularly useful in face of growing calls for banning totally autonomous weapons.

On 10/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, PLAAF said:

At about 15:00 
They showed a new type of 35mm sniper grenade launcher with a scope that has a freaking fire control which automatically calculate the trajectory and guide the grenade to achieve sniping accuracy. Obviously, it has smart munitions too. The smart munition also need the authorised user to activated. So if somehow the grenade launcher was stolen, "the thief can only use it as firewood". This remind me of that movie "Doom".

Nice, but they should read up on the XM-109. It was the US project for a very similar weapon, only a 25mm grenade and no biometric lock (these days you can already buy those for civilian handguns, but they're said to be unreliable). They seem to have kind of shelved it when they found the "sniper grenade launcher" kicked like a horse. As fun as it sounds as an idea, it's apparently much less fun to actually fire a 25mm weapon (that's not either recoilless or a rifle GL) from the shoulder.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Nice, but they should read up on the XM-109. It was the US project for a very similar weapon, only a 25mm grenade and no biometric lock (these days you can already buy those for civilian handguns, but they're said to be unreliable). They seem to have kind of shelved it when they found the "sniper grenade launcher" kicked like a horse. As fun as it sounds as an idea, it's apparently much less fun to actually fire a 25mm weapon (that's not either recoilless or a rifle GL) from the shoulder.

Thanks for the info, I will go and check it out.  🙂 

qLjvyQ3.png

My Adorable Communist Errand Girls  🙂

Led by me, the Communist Errand Panda 🥰