Dear ED, perfect time for a G6

DB 605

As it seems, with normandy 2 map coming soon and no signs for a other (late war) european maps at foreseeable future, now would be perfect time to finally release Bf 109 G6. That one plane would finally fix something that has been incorrect for so long. So please make it happen.

Messerschmitt-Bf-109G6R1-Erla-Stab-II.JG

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, Tree_Beard said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how flying the G-6 would compare to flying the K-4? Like would it just feel like flying a weaker version of the K-4? Maybe more nimble? Thanks.

Yes, not that much different. Lighter so bit more nimble at slow speed, also probably some little differences in trimming because different cog etc, (depends on version) but overall handling should be pretty close. Performace is where The biggest differences are.

• Like 4

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess if they made a G6 they would make one with 20mm in the nose instead of 30mm. To make it more different. 

The question is exactly which one.

The late G6 that actually had MW50 or an earlier one. I would prefer an earlier one, so it can fit right into 1943

• Like 2

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

10 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

I guess if they made a G6 they would make one with 20mm in the nose instead of 30mm. To make it more different. 

The question is exactly which one.

The late G6 that actually had MW50 or an earlier one. I would prefer an earlier one, so it can fit right into 1943

Sure, 20mm were way more common anyway.

Ideal would be like like it's done with P-47, two versions. Early with old canopy/ short tail and late with Erla canopy/tall tail/mw50.

However If there would be only one version, i would prefer late as in multiplayer for example it could be set to operate without mw50 If necessary.

And it would fit better to normandy '44 scene anyway.

Edited by DB 605
  • Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 1:00 AM, Tree_Beard said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how flying the G-6 would compare to flying the K-4? Like would it just feel like flying a weaker version of the K-4? Maybe more nimble? Thanks.

It depends on which variant, real life or sim-environment.

In real life maximum power was used only in exceptional circumstances, even in combat. The K-4 (also G-14/AS, G-10) used high altitude engines with larger superchargers, and with broad bladed propellers, with added therefore their low-medium altitude performance was slightly inferior compared to the old models. For this reason, one our pilots, Lt. Tobak, who had received a new G-10 commented that a G-6 or G-14 would be preferable to his G-10 under 6000 meters. He would be using 

As for the G-6 without MW boost is much lighter than the K-4 (3,1 t at takeoff vs 3,36 t when fully loaded), and it has a takeoff power of 1475 PS (1.42ata) vs. our K-4 at 1850 PS (1.8ata w. MW). That's 475 PS / t vs 550 PS / t when you look at the base metrics. Without MW the K-4 is getting only 1430 PS (1.45ata), making its power to weight ratio 'only' 425 PS / t, so you get the idea why Tobak made comments like he made - in normal use the newer planes were carrying more weight per horsepower and felt heavier than the old versions. The major difference is that the A series engines (MW or not) will start to run out of umph above cc 5000 meters, while the AS/D series engines remain very lively up to about 8 km thanks to the bigger supercharger. The price paid was that the big supercharger sapped about 40 PS more from the propeller shaft. 

When we talk about very late, DDay era G-6s with MW boost (later renamed G-14 in this configuration (the G-6 is a bit superior to the K-4 up to about 4000 m, as it will have more power for the (slightly increased) weight it carries. The speed will still go slightly to the K-4 for its aerodynamic refinements benefit it, but most other metrics (turn, climb, acceleration) will be better on the G-6/G-14 w. MW.

Then again, we have the K-4 at 1.8 ata manifold pressure, when the engine was set to the 1.9ata or 1.98ata manifold pressure there was no competition due to the power increase. Late AM engines (renamed AB) only went up to 1.8ata.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

On 10/31/2022 at 11:20 AM, Kurfürst said:

It depends on which variant, real life or sim-environment.

As for the G-6 without MW boost is much lighter than the K-4 (3,1 t at takeoff vs 3,36 t when fully loaded), and it has a takeoff power of 1475 PS (1.42ata) vs. our K-4 at 1850 PS (1.8ata w. MW). That's 475 PS / t vs 550 PS / t when you look at the base metrics. Without MW the K-4 is getting only 1430 PS (1.45ata), making its power to weight ratio 'only' 425 PS / t, so you get the idea why Tobak made comments like he made - in normal use the newer planes were carrying more weight per horsepower and felt heavier than the old versions.

One major difference not to forget was that G6 without MW had 30min climb & combat power limited to 1.3 ata (1310hp) while G10/K4 was able to use 1.45 (1430hp) for 30 mins.

Also better aerodynamics/less draggy airframe and bit more weight probably helped with dive performance & acceleration with later models.

But yes, in a nutshell: in 1944 G6 without MW was obsolete, G6/MW50 or G14 was best suited for low level combat, AS versions for high alt and G10/K4 between them.

Edited by DB 605
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also I suspect a well known ww2 simulator is about to enter very difficult territory because of the conflict you know where. 

western customers will be looking for an alternative. More important than ever that DCS ww2 gets its act together. 

• Like 1

Looking back at things, i guess this is what it comes down to. Unless it´s a different enough variation so you can sell it as a new plane, it´s not going to happen.

• Like 1

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

44 minutes ago, Tenebrae Aeternae said:

Looking back at things, i guess this is what it comes down to. Unless it´s a different enough variation so you can sell it as a new plane, it´s not going to happen.

P-51B will sell. More than an La-7 I dare to bet. Not as well as the “D” which is the most iconic WWII fighter for many people. On the other hand, to make a “B” much of the coding of internal system can be reused from the “D”. It is still a lot of work, but not nearly as much as a completely different plane, so it may be viable from profit aspect.

I want a P-51B and a Razorback P-47 (D-23 or earlier models). These were the true significant American western front fighters, not the bubble top ones that arrived for the victory photos, and they are all that people remember today.

Then a 109G6 and FW-190A5/6 to match them. And throw in a Typhoon for the RAF.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

7小时前,Tenebrae Aeternae说:

I agree with you.I would rather ED make Me 262 or Me 410 or Bf 110.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dcn said:

I agree with you.I would rather ED make Me 262 or Me 410 or Bf 110.

Oh it´s not my preference, just an observation of how things work with DCS.

I would like the current birds to have more variants for sure, and as a ww2 standard i´d like to see an early, mid and late war variants + some theater specific variants, whichever of those are appropriate and significant.

It´s really damn hard, if not impossible to era match these things otherwise, and DCS ww2 will always stay as a paper thin experience.

Edited by Tenebrae Aeternae
  • Like 1

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

Guys, don't turn this thread to another wishlist . I know everyone have their favourite planes they want to game and i for one will buy all WW2 planes that will come, but G6 is essential especially now for accurate summer '44 scenarios. As it seems this is where we will stay for next few years.

Edited by DB 605
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]