Dear ED, perfect time for a G6

DB 605

1 hour ago, DB 605 said:

I can't see any reason why poll result would have changed much in two years? Anyhow, at least it shows there is lot of interest for G6, i guess from both sides.

For example new players on the table, or other unknow factor to me.

How can you be so sure that nothing has changed 🙂

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

7 minutes ago, grafspee said:

For example new players on the table, or other unknow factor to me.

I started playing dcs just a year and a half ago, so I'm new and I vote Gmodel!

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

31 minutes ago, Gunfreak said:

You wanted a new poll and so far 100% of new players want a G model 109.

Where's the poll?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

1 minute ago, Gunfreak said:

This thread  is the poll.

Maybe you should re-check the statistics...

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

4 hours ago, grafspee said:

That's not what i'm saying, just can't see any reason why results would suddenly be that much different than before.

Edited by DB 605
  • Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think you're a bit biased. 🙂

That said, while there are a LOT of planes I'd like to see first, there's no arguing that the G6 would be a welcome addition, and appropriate for the map and time frame.

I think as far as "what is wanted the most" you need to take PTO into account, among other things.

5 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

I think you're a bit biased. 🙂

Oh you really think so? 😉 I definitely am. However it does not have much to do with poll result or G6 being needed to correct thing historically.

1 hour ago, 71st_AH Rob said:

But that would be a poll for another forum, this forum is Western Europe 1944-1945

Exactly 👍

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

My brainstorming idea for how a 109G6 could be implemented into DCS, from a short while ago:
nullimage.png

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

8 hours ago, Magic Zach said:

My brainstorming idea for how a 109G6 could be implemented into DCS, from a short while ago:
null

While those would be nice to have, one big downside with AS version is that two quite different 3d models would needed. Most simple way to have early and late version would be possibly;

-G6 (early canopy with metal head armor or galland panzer)

-G6/MW50 (Erla canopy and late tall tail)

That way we could have G6's from 1943 to '45, with different performance but minimal external work/differences needed in 3d model.

Both could have same usually installed rüstsätzes available (R1; ETC 500 rack, R3; droptank, R6; Mg 151 wing cannons for example)

Maybe U4/MK 108 but since K4 have it already i think having only MG 151 as available engine cannon would be just fine, again to simplify the work needed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

A G6 would be awesome! 

I'd however go for an early G6 with the option of adding GM-1, so basically a G-6/U2.

Those were more common than the R2 with MW-50 during the Normandy campaign in France, and also GM-1 with the different altitude to power output curve would be another thing completely different from the current K4

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Couldn't agree more🥹

On 10/13/2022 at 8:00 PM, Tree_Beard said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how flying the G-6 would compare to flying the K-4? Like would it just feel like flying a weaker version of the K-4? Maybe more nimble? Thanks.

Lighter, more nimble, easier to fly, slower in general, including acceleration. Lower climb speed... And the coolest thing about G6 as a module is how diverse this variant is.

They could make LOTS of small and bigger changes in one big module for DCS. Like the P47 with the late and early variants but pretty much the same airframe.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:26 AM, Magic Zach said:

nullimage.png

Why would you make the FuG16 optional? What would it have instead?

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

On 3/23/2023 at 1:22 AM, MrExplosion said:

Why would you make the FuG16 optional? What would it have instead?

FuG25a

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Fug-16 was radio communication device.

FuG-25 was identification friend or foe device.

So, they were not interchangeable, each had its own purpose.

Edited by saburo_cz
  • Like 1

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

On 11/9/2022 at 5:05 AM, Bozon said:

P-51B will sell. More than an La-7 I dare to bet. Not as well as the “D” which is the most iconic WWII fighter for many people. On the other hand, to make a “B” much of the coding of internal system can be reused from the “D”. It is still a lot of work, but not nearly as much as a completely different plane, so it may be viable from profit aspect.

I want a P-51B and a Razorback P-47 (D-23 or earlier models). These were the true significant American western front fighters, not the bubble top ones that arrived for the victory photos, and they are all that people remember today.

Then a 109G6 and FW-190A5/6 to match them. And throw in a Typhoon for the RAF.

A true Battle of Normandy🫡

On 11/10/2022 at 2:34 PM, DB 605 said:

Fairly similar - no. Or yes, in a way all 109's are fairly similar. Appropriate match for Spit IX - G6 is exactly that. Both IX and G6 were in service from 43 on (G6 later updated to G14).

Whole reason i started this topic is to have at least somewhat historically correct planeset - now we have pretty good "main fighters" for mid '44 minus Bf 109 G6. Don't get me wrong, i would absolutely love to see F4 (or any other 109 model) too but then it would another mismatch to rest of the planes, F series were mainly active in 1941-42.

I would definitely love to see earlier Mustangs too for example but in my opinion G6 would be first necessary step to fix planeset for incoming Normandy 2.0 map.

Also it would sell pretty well...specially if they make a Early and Late versions 🔥

On 11/4/2022 at 9:12 PM, nick10 said:

Also I suspect a well known ww2 simulator is about to enter very difficult territory because of the conflict you know where. 

western customers will be looking for an alternative. More important than ever that DCS ww2 gets its act together. 

They are actually in Cyprus, unless there is some trouble in Redmond i havent heard about.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2022 at 7:04 PM, dcn said:

Players of IL-2 GB have captured ED forum for years  and attempt to disturb ED's plan.I believe ED is brilliant and won't be misled by them.What ED should do now is to finish DCS Western Europe 1944-1945 with Me 262 and shift to DCS Pacific Theatre.

Really starting to not like anything you're saying in these forums.....yes I want them to finish ww2, but not with a 262??? Yes I want them to go to the Pacific .....and as for "il-2" players , let's try not to be an ass so they can feel comfortable to transition from that game to this one .....

• 2 weeks later...