Fast respawn upon death with script or trigger, possible or not?

cerealex

hace 17 horas, Dragon1-1 dijo:

This makes you sit through a loading screen, though, as it reloads the mission. I think the idea is to avoid that.

Exactly! Like respawning on any shooter game when I die. I know scripts to respawn units but doesn't work on player or client unit. 

Sent from Nokia 3310

On 10/12/2022 at 2:30 PM, cerealex said:

Hi! 

I thought do a dogfight training mission and I want to respawn automatically when I die. 

Is this possible or not?

Script or trigger way would be fine.

Regards 😉

You don't need a script for that. Just turn on the invulnerable mode! You can bounce off the ground of fly into a hail of SAMs without consequences. But why would you want to do that? LShift-R is plenty fast for me.

Edited by sthompson

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Invulnerable mode doesn't really provide you any feedback when you take damage, all you hear is an easily missed clunk, and you don't know if damage is lethal or not. It's not a good idea to use it for this. 

Depending on the map the mission uses, and the hardware (SATA SSD or even a HDD, for example), LSHF-R is can be slow enough to be annoying. The point is not to unnecessarily reload the mission.

• Like 1

hace 13 horas, Dragon1-1 dijo:

Invulnerable mode doesn't really provide you any feedback when you take damage, all you hear is an easily missed clunk, and you don't know if damage is lethal or not. It's not a good idea to use it for this. 

Depending on the map the mission uses, and the hardware (SATA SSD or even a HDD, for example), LSHF-R is can be slow enough to be annoying. The point is not to unnecessarily reload the mission.

Yes, LShift+R is good but autaomatic respawn is better. Would be amazing set this feature on Mission Editor for players and clients adding the option to set time to respawn. 

For example: I die on a dogfight and I want respawn automatically 5 seconds after (to check how damage I received). Set this time to respawn would be a nice option.

Wish any ED developers hears this 😉

Sent from Nokia 3310

On 10/14/2022 at 1:45 PM, cerealex said:

...For example: I die on a dogfight and I want respawn automatically 5 seconds after (to check how damage I received)...

Hi, you can try the script I just wrote in the mission example attached.

It works only in Single Player, but with both "Player" or "Client" units, whatever the number of aircraft in your flight and your position (leader or wingman). In any of these cases : you get killed by enemy or crashed, or ejected from damaged aircraft, you and your flight get respawned after 5 seconds with a countdown message on screen.

in example player is client F18c, 3rd wingman in flight.

Test-respawn-player-client-SP.miz

• Like 1

En 15/10/2022 a las 15:17, toutenglisse dijo:

Hola, puedes probar el script que acabo de escribir en el ejemplo de misión adjunto.

Funciona solo en modo Un jugador , pero tanto con unidades de "Jugador" como de "Cliente", sea cual sea el número de aeronaves en su vuelo y su posición (líder o compañero de ala). En cualquiera de estos casos: te mata un enemigo o te estrellan, o te expulsan de un avión dañado, tú y tu vuelo reaparecen después de 5 segundos con un mensaje de cuenta regresiva en la pantalla.

en el ejemplo, el jugador es el cliente F18c, tercer wingman en vuelo.

Test-respawn-jugador-cliente-SP.miz 72,75 KB · 1 descarga

Wow this is amazing! I'll try tomorrow thank you so much!!

Sent from Nokia 3310