Something is wrong with the new FCS/FBW simulation

bkthunder

The new FBW in the updated M2000 exhibits a strange behavior in loaded or high alpha rolls. 

In all aircraft I knwo of (both FBW and non FBW), th ehigher the AoA, the more rudder need to be used to roll. This is the case for the F-16, F-18, Su,27, F-15 etc, also in-game. Try to move the stick left or right at slow speed, and you'll see a big rudder deflection in the direction of the stick. 

It used to be the same for the M2000 too, but since the last update, it looks like the rudder barely moves in all flight conditions.

The FM also exhibits a very slow roll response at high AoA compared to before. 

For reference, have a look at this video, where you can clearly see the big rudder deflection to initate the roll (2:04): 

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

That's correct, rudder FBW model is not 100% done yet. We are still getting more information on this.

As a result, the aircraft might get excessive slide in this condition

Flat turn rate and rudder authority is still being tuned as well.

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

22 hours ago, Kercheiz said:

That's correct, rudder FBW model is not 100% done yet. We are still getting more information on this.

Thanks for clarifying, and looking fwd to the full implementation! It's shaping up nicely so far 🙂

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

On 10/15/2022 at 11:53 AM, Kercheiz said:

you are from Razbam Team ?

i never use rudder in flight, i only use it to decrab during flare, am I doing something wrong ?

23 hours ago, cmbaviator said:

you are from Razbam Team ?

i never use rudder in flight, i only use it to decrab during flare, am I doing something wrong ?

Yes (I need to ask a badge)

And you do nothing wrong! FBW (should) take(s) cares of the rudder for turns.

Pedals are used mostly for crosswinds landing and take off. They can be sometimes useful for finely adjusting A/G gun aim and for BFM (stall turn)

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 3