Feedback after finishing the campaign

This campaign is one of the best F18 content you can buy for DCS. If you liked the A10 campaign by the same author you will like this one. I love the immersive aspects in the mission. Realy having the feeling to be a part of a bigger team. The voice overs are great and the custom ATC and procedures are challenging in the beginning but very fun. The difficulty is just right : you need to know most of the system of the aircraft but the objectives are manageable and you can finish a mission even if you miss some targets ( you will lose score point though). Also bigger missions are cut in 2 or 3 parts which is really a good thing : you can enjoy flying with the package to the AO and when the action starts a new mssion is started and if you fail you do not need to redo the flying to the AO. Also aerial refuelling is proposed (optinal) which is one of my favorite activities in DCS. I also liked the landings in bad weather which I do not practice enough 🙂

Thank you @ChillNG for the great time I head playing your campaign. Was worth every penny. Hope you publish some new content soon.

• Like 2

:Ryzen 5800X | RTX3090 | 32Gb RAM | Nvme SSD Gen.4 | Reverb G2 | Virpil WarBrd Base | Constellation Alpha Grip / Virpil CM3 Throttle

17 hours ago, fylzz said:

This campaign is one of the best F18 content you can buy for DCS. If you liked the A10 campaign by the same author you will like this one. I love the immersive aspects in the mission. Realy having the feeling to be a part of a bigger team. The voice overs are great and the custom ATC and procedures are challenging in the beginning but very fun. The difficulty is just right : you need to know most of the system of the aircraft but the objectives are manageable and you can finish a mission even if you miss some targets ( you will lose score point though). Also bigger missions are cut in 2 or 3 parts which is really a good thing : you can enjoy flying with the package to the AO and when the action starts a new mssion is started and if you fail you do not need to redo the flying to the AO. Also aerial refuelling is proposed (optinal) which is one of my favorite activities in DCS. I also liked the landings in bad weather which I do not practice enough 🙂

Thank you @ChillNG for the great time I head playing your campaign. Was worth every penny. Hope you publish some new content soon.

Thanks fort the feedback, really appreciate it and great to hear you had a good time with Cerberus North.  Next up is my Harrier Campaign which is almost, almost finished.  Then we're onto the F-16 Wild Weasel campaign which I'm tentatively aiming at the last part of next year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChillNG said:

Next up is my Harrier Campaign which is almost, almost finished.  Then we're onto the F-16 Wild Weasel campaign which I'm tentatively aiming at the last part of next year.

I'm pretty sure only 2 or 3 people fly either of those planes 🤨.  I think you should skip them and spend your time on more F-18 campaigns 😆

• Like 1

Well I have literally just bought this campaign "just" for the ATC implementation. Having watched a couple of videos online it looks really well done.

Was hoping to be able to change out the F18 (which I do own) for the Harrier as that is my go to airframe.

Quick question.

If I load up mission one in the editor and change to the Harrier will the mission (ATC parts) function still? - it will be worth the asking price just to be able to use the ATC implementation (ATIS etc) even if the actual missions won't work properly. (the link to a free copy of mission one in user files is no longer valid)

(I note your next campaign is for the Harrier! - bravo - happy to test any ATC functionality if you need someone to of course!)

Regards,

Gary

Edited by Gary

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

31 minutes ago, rob10 said:

I'm pretty sure only 2 or 3 people fly either of those planes 🤨.  I think you should skip them and spend your time on more F-18 campaigns 😆

Lol!  Gotta to keep changing it up or I'll get bored.  Hope to be back in the Hornet one day, but will be a while.  I can wholeheartedly recommend the harrier and Viper though, I love them both.

1 minute ago, Gary said:

Well I have literally just bought this campaign "just" for the ATC implementation. Having watched a couple of videos online it looks really well done.

Was hoping to be able to change out the F18 (which I do own) for the Harrier as that is my go to airframe.

Quick question.

If I load up mission one in the editor and change to the Harrier will the mission (ATC parts) function still? - it will be worth the asking price just to be able to use the ATC implementation (ATIS etc) even if the actual missions won't work properly. (the link to a free copy of mission one in user files is no longer valid)

(I note your next campaign is for the Harrier! - bravo - happy to test any ATC functionality if you need someone to of course!)

Regards,

Gary

It's worth a go, some of it may work, a lot of the zones at the start will detect you ok as long as the unit name stays the same.  BUT the landing ATC requires a trigger to fire at the RTB point of the mission before it activates, so you have to be quite a way into the mission to unlock this.  So some of the ATC may be ok...but as I'm sure you'd expect, a lot of the missions will break for sure as there's a lot of Hornet specific cockpit triggers that won't transfer across.

• Like 1

Thank you for the speedy reply.

I did assume the missions themselves wouldnt function properly but for me - just flying into the AO and doing something random and then flying back with your ATC implementation would be a whole lot better than what I have now with the default ATC and hugely enjoyable I'm sure.

I wasnt being lazy btw - I would have tried myself already but not with the gaming PC atm.

• Thanks 1

I5 - 1TB SSHD, 256 SSD - Nvidia 1070 - 16gb ram - CV1

• 6 months later...

Fantastic campaign, thank you for your work. Nice level of complexity of scripting,  yet it actually works consistently despite the ever evolving codebase. Most of all, appreciate the ability to take mission on using your own strategy, particularly 7 and 15-16. Definitely a stretch for me to be able to completed 16 at 100%, but eventually got it, good thing there are checkpoints between the parts!

The only two critiques that I have is that there isn't a good way to coordinate unplanned refuel with the remainder of your flight, so that always goes badly if you remain on-station too long and need to hit up Texaco on the way home. #2 is that I'd prefer to see the radio channel plan stay consistent throughout the campaign, where possible.

Now, to learn AV8B for Hormuz Freedom...

Edited by Pyrocumulous

Pimax Crystal, Asus ProArt X670E-Creator, Ryzen 7950X3D, 64gb DDR5, RTX 4090 FE, Magic Trackpad 3, Warthog HOTAS, Warthog Throttle and TPR pedals.

7 hours ago, Pyrocumulous said:

Fantastic campaign, thank you for your work. Nice level of complexity of scripting,  yet it actually works consistently despite the ever evolving codebase. Most of all, appreciate the ability to take mission on using your own strategy, particularly 7 and 15-16. Definitely a stretch for me to be able to completed 16 at 100%, but eventually got it, good thing there are checkpoints between the parts!

The only two critiques that I have is that there isn't a good way to coordinate unplanned refuel with the remainder of your flight, so that always goes badly if you remain on-station too long and need to hit up Texaco on the way home. #2 is that I'd prefer to see the radio channel plan stay consistent throughout the campaign, where possible.

Now, to learn AV8B for Hormuz Freedom...

Thanks for the comments, glad you enjoyed it!

You're spot on with the implementation of air to air refueling, I've changed the way I've done this for my upcoming viper campaign so it's still optional but far better integrated.

• Like 2