Wags and ED โ€˜coming soonโ€™

giullep

I can imagine that in ED it's a bit like this...

Team 1: This is nearly finished - and we're so excited that we want to share this with our customers ASAP.

Team 2: We've been burned in the past by sharing stuff too soon, and then had hiccups that have delayed, so we don't want to give a time frame incase it changes and we're burned.ย 

Team 1: But we're so close - and so excited, can't we release some info to our customers

Team 2: You can - but only if you use non-committing, obscure terminology that's not going to force us to commit to a time line.

Team 1: But, off the record - how far away do you think it is for release?

Team 2: I'd say definitely around 2 weeks.

Team 1: Oh - that's fantastic - so can I tell them it's coming in 2 weeks?

Team 2: Heavens no! It might not end up being 2 weeks. We're guessing 2 weeks. Once we do xxx and yyy then we'll be ready.ย 

Team 1: When will then be now?

Team 2: Soon.

Team 1: OK -we'll release the information as being 'soon' then.

Team 2: We're happy with that obscure phrasing. Now let's get back to watching Spaceballs.ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Mike_Romeo said:

Back then the "two weeks" meant it will come with the next update. We had 2 weeks update cylces back then and if it doesnt appeared in that update, then the next one. Thats how that "2 weeks" joke was made.

No it wasn't. Original "2 weeks, be sure" was from a different company forum for a different flight sim, specifically from the head person Oleg Maddox.

It's a meme joke as old as the hills ๐Ÿ˜„

Edited by Buzzles
  • Like 1